11. Learned Details

Pie Mindara Manaying

Kimhan might have not aware of my presence but I was standing here long enough to see every expression that emerged from her face. If a look could kill, seriousness that lurked in the depth of her eyes might be able to end any life right at the moment. She was in a deep thought, seething with suppressed wrath. Just now, I saw her cell phone flown across the room like a boomerang. She lost her control upon checking something which I presumed a text message she received. What was it about? Surely it was something unpleasant or anything that didn't meet her demand. Should I tell it was about her missing lover? My instinct was strong that it has something to do with the woman she loved, unfortunately she was nowhere to be found.

Then, after it felt like eternity, I saw Kimhan rose to her feet, unexpectedly turning her body around until our gazes met and locked briefly. She suppressed every sign of surprise when she saw me while I pretended not to be affected by her sudden notice either; instead, I walked myself into the room without her invitation.

"Good morning Pie," Kimhan forced a faint quivering smile. Only then I noticed that Kimhan had her retro-vintage glasses perched on the bridge of her pointed nose. She looked pleasantly charming that way. The frame suited her facial feature well that it bold her attractiveness.

No, I wasn't attracted to her. It was my genuine compliment to anything appealing. I liked her style – sometimes.

"I'm sorry if I did interrupt your moment," I responded fast enough before she could further her speak or maybe before I absurdly continued to admire her appearance which was totally wrong to be done.

"No it's fine," She shook her head almost immediately as if she was afraid that I was offended. "I'm waiting for you to wake up," She said, curving her thin lips into a solid genuine smile. How convincing and deceiving at the same time it could be, didn't she know that I saw everything before hand? She wasn't waiting for me. She was anxious about her missing lover.

"I'm starving," Kimhan nodded mutely when I told her so. She knew it?

"Well, you're lucky enough because the wife here had prepared you a very special breakfast," I cringed at the mention of her being the wife in our marriage. I still found it unacceptable anyway. I was the wife and she was also the wife. What?

"You're the cook then, not a wife," My response got Kimhan broke into a hearty laughter; little did she get affected by my disapproval.

"You're grumpier when you're peckish. Let's get your tummy filled and we can proceed to our plan for today," Kimhan told me. I didn't manage to protest neither reacted to her when she suddenly caught my wrist and dragged me out of the room. Well hello new life, I needed to learn to get used to this.

*******

"We're going to the market and I'll take you to several places which I assume you might like them," Kimhan hadn't stop a second from talking since we began eating. "Would you like to go the school today and look around?" She suggested all of sudden. The thing she mentioned made me stop abruptly from taking another bite of her 'special' pancake. She was a big liar anyway. It was an instant preparation, far from being a specially prepared meal.

"No." I responded short. Kimhan seemed somewhat surprised with my answer. "We'll just go there tomorrow," Yes, my duty at the new school would begin on Monday. Fern advised me to be there a day earlier so that I could get familiarised with the new setting. I guessed I would spend my Sunday at the new place.

"Well I thought maybe you wish to have a look and decide whether to stay there or what. You have your room here and I don't mind to drive you to the school every day," Kimhan said, kindly and strangely volunteered to help me. I was not sure whether she was trying to be kind just because she owed me something she couldn't repay but she sounded sincere with her offer.