Chapter Thirty One

The sun rays of a bright sunny morning , peeped through the window ,enlightening the new beginning of their lives. Randhir was the first one to open his eyes . His lips curved into a smile  as his gaze fell on Sanyukta , who was sleeping peacefully by his side . He sat up in bed , resting his back on the headboard , admiring her beautiful face . He then looked up at the clock and got up sighing. It was six in the morning. He rushed towards the bathroom to freshen up and went out for jogging.

An hour later, when Randhir returned to his room, his eyes fell on the bed which was empty . His eyes scanned the room but couldn't spot her anywhere . Just as he was about to go downstair to look for her , he heard the door of the bathroom click open. She came out of the bathroom wearing a baby pink Kurti and white leggings . Her hair were all wet with the fragrance of her shampoo lingering everywhere in the room , making him jittery with wild thoughts. He smiled at her and quickly dashed inside the bathroom to take a shower.

Minutes later, she  got ready for the 'Mooh Dekhai' . She wore a red coloured saree with minimal jewellery. She then opened a small decorated wooden box containing the vermillion , which was gifted by her mother . She took a pinch of it between her thumb and forefinger and carefully applied it to the part in the middle of her hair . Her lips curved into a smile as she looked at herself in the mirror after marking herself as Mrs Randhir Singh Shekhawat  . It was a dream come true for her. Ever since she was a child, she had dreamed of this day.

But the next minute, her smile was replaced by a frown as she felt a pang of guilt in her heart. The guilt of  intruding his life . This marriage is  nothing but a compromise for him, which he had accepted for the sake of her dad. He was forcefully burdened with the responsibility of her and her mom at this point of time in his life, when he wasn't even ready for a commitment . Like every guy , he might have dreamed of an ideal woman as his wife and She felt guilty that he had to settle for a girl like her.

She quickly wiped away the tears that streamed out of her eyes and began to line her eyes with kohl, when Randhir came out of the bathroom . He stood gawking at her through the mirror . When she finished applying the kohl , her gaze caught him looking at her  . She quickly lowered her gaze and started looking  everywhere but him.

"Ummm... Woh... Tum iss saree mein bohot beautiful lag rahi Ho...", he said coming out of his trance.

"Thanks"

"Aaaa.... Woh.... Mein sonch raha tha... Shaam ko hum dinner bahar karenge. ... Ummm... If that's okay with you"

"Aaaa.... Well... I don't think it's possible... Woh ... Mom Kai din SE soyi nahi.. So I was thinking of going there to take care of Dad tonight."

"Oh.. It's Fine ... Hum Phir kabhi chaley jainge.", he paused for a while and chipped, "By the way... I was thinking ke kyon na main bhi tumhare ghar chalon, we both will take care of him. "

"I don't think it's needed.... I'll manage ...... Anyways ... Woh ... Sab mera neeche wait kar rahe hain.. I'll have to go down..", she walked out of the room while he stood looking at her retreating figure with his face hanging low...

The next day, Sanyukta was sitting in the living room reading a magazine, when Randhir entered with a bowl of pop corn and settled himself on the same sofa beside her

The next day, Sanyukta was sitting in the living room reading a magazine, when Randhir entered with a bowl of pop corn and settled himself on the same sofa beside her. She realised his close proximity and shifted a little towards the other side. He switched on the television and started flicking through some channels. He looked at her, through the corner of his eyes, she was busy reading the magazine not sparing a glance at him.

"Tum Tv SE disturb to nahi hi rahi Ho na??", he asked breaking the silence.

"Nai", she replied still looking in the magazine.

"Pop corn???", he chipped offering her the bowl.

"No thanks...", she replied still looking at the magazine

"If you are sleepy then you can go and sleep in the room..." , he said looking at her.

"I'm not sleepy", she said still staring at the same page .

"Well, if your not sleepy then we can go out and  have coffee somewhere "

"Mera Mann nai hai....", she said turning the page .

"By the way....Is it a good Magazine????", he couldn't  help asking.

"Yeah.... It's nice", she replied sighing

"Then why are you holding it upside down???"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Another few days passed . Sanyukta kept avoiding Randhir making him flustered. One day while he was with her in his room , playing games on his mobile and she busy with a novel , he gets a call from Karan .

"Hello..", Randhir said after answering the call.

"Hi....Kahan hai tu... ???", Karan replied from the other side.

"Ghar pe.. Aur kahan"

"Oh... Sorry !!! Hope Maine tujhe aur Bhabi ko disturb nahi kiya???", Karan chipped teasingly .

"Aisa kuch bhi nahi hai... Tu Bol kahan milna hai???"

"Main coffee shop  par hoon.. "

"Theek hai.. Wait for me . I'll be there in half n hour"

"Fine... Bye...", Karan disconnected the call.

Randhir looked at Sanyukta , who was still busy with the Novel.

"I'm going out with Karan ... I'll be late....", saying this Randhir got up from his place and strode towards the bathroom to get ready...

****************************************************************************************
Pre Cap: Randhir gets to know the reason of Sanyukta's strange behaviour..