Chapter Fifty Six - The Last Chapter

Randhir's PoV :

That night when Ananya came to meet me , I saw the entire situation from a different point of view. I was pleasantly surprised to hear that she had realised her feelings for me as her infatuation and that she has found her true love in Arjun . I thanked her for coming to meet me and clearing this mess . I told her that I thought I had lost her forever when she smacked my arm lightly and hugged me saying that she loves her best friend so much that the would never afford to lose him. I hugged her back in the flow of emotions and told her that I love her too.

I asked her to come inside the house and meet Sanyukta but she denied saying that she would come to meet her the next day as Arjun was already waiting for her in the cab. I turned my head towards the direction she pointed out and saw Arjun peeking out of the window. I waved my hand at him and gestured him all the best with my thumb. I turned to look back at Ananya who looked the happiest than I had ever seen her . She gave me a card which had the name and room number of the hotel , they were staying in and left after bidding me a 'Goodbye'.

I breathed a sigh of relief and felt a sense of contentment within me. I felt as if I can now breath freely without the guilt of cheating on her. I felt happy and light . I was happy that atleast she found someone who would take care of her and love her unconditionally.

I turned my heels and walked back to the Aggarwal Villa making up my mind that no matter what , I would confess my love to Sanyukta and tell her about the feelings that I held for her since so long. I strode my way towards the swimming pool area where I asked her to wait but she wasn't there. I called her out and searched her in the whole house but I couldn't find her anywhere. I looked at my watch. It was quarter to twelve. I didn't realise the time talking to Ananya. I thought that maybe she had already left . I walked out of the Aggarwal villa , made my way through the gates of Shekhawat Mansion into the hall and then upstairs towards our room.

As soon as I entered the room I saw that she was already on the bed with her eyes closed. I called her out but she didn't respond . I was a bit disappointed to see her sleeping instead of waiting till I return . I chucked away the thought considering that she might be tired after all the cooking and preparations she had done for our romantic dinner date. I dashed into the bathroom, changed into my night wear , laid on my side of the bed and slept peacefully after days.

The next morning I woke up late . It was almost noon. I dashed into the bathroom wondering why Sanyukta didn't wake me up for office in the morning. I came out after fifteen minutes and called her out for breakfast. But I didn't get any response. I went down to the kitchen to see if she's there but she wasn't there either. Finally I went to Raima's room where I got to know that she had left for Bikaner that morning . I was shocked at first and thought that maybe Raima is just pulling my leg as she always does. But when she said that Sanyukta had asked her to inform me and she had forgotten to do so ,my anger knew no bounds. I yelled at her for letting her go alone . I walked back to my room and tried to call Sanyukta but her phone was out of network area . I gritted my teeth in frustration ,collected the files that were lying on the table , walked out of the house and drove away towards the office.

I was really worried for her safety. I kept dialling her number every now and then through out the day but all I could hear was the same recorded voice again and again. It was almost quarter to five in the evening when I dialled her number and heard her caller tune instead of the recorded voice. And much to my surprise she disconnected my call. Thinking there might be some problem with her phone, I opened the contact list of my mobile and dialled Anju aunty's number. It started ringing but the next moment it was disconnected. I tried again but this time Anju aunty's phone was unavailable.