Chapter 6

Lamia's POV:

We entered through the doors we were all too familiar with... one of our friends was killed by one of our own, and it's our job to find out who did it.

We all stood in our assigned podiums and Johnson stood on his with... a robe, and cliché powdered judge wig?

"Now as you all can see I have dawned my Judge's Ensemble, it's time to start this trial, All Rise!" He said banging his gavel.

"Okay, so where should we begin?" Jasmine asked.

"Well all we know is that Nick was drowned in the pool." Angel replied.

"Yeah, that is true." Hifsa added.

"So who would kill Nick of all people?" Star asked.

"I mean it's kinda obvious who did it." Virginia said pointing towards Muhammad.

"Oh yeah that's right!" Michelle said, "You two kept yelling and arguing at each other." 

"Actually I don't think he is the killer." I said as Michelle looked at me.

"Well why wouldn't he?" Michelle asked.

"Because I chatted with him about where he was and the reason they were arguing so much." I stated, "He was with his sister Hifsa, and the reason they were arguing was-" I said before I was cut off by Muhammad.

"Was because I was storing food for when it ran out, Hifsa and I have something to survive off of." He finished as I nodded.

"What he said." I said.

"Wait you two are siblings?" Francisco asked as we all stared at him like he was stupid.

"Yes you idiot." I said smacking him in the back of the head.

"Oh my gosh I am a dumba** sorry!" Francisco said bowing in apology.

"Anyway moving on..." Lan said, "So we are back to square one, Muhammad has a sturdy Alibi." She said as we nodded.

'Yeah and like we said last trial there is almost no reason to have an accomplice since they don't get anything.' I thought.

"Umm... I have a question." Adriana said as we looked towards her.

"Sure what's up?" I asked.

"Well, how was he drowned?" She asked, "I mean wouldn't he fight back? Like there is no way he would be drowned without fighting back." 

"Well actually he did..." Francisco said.

"Whoa really?!" She said shocked as he nodded.

"Yup I checked the body and stuff, his sword has a long streak of blood,and there is a hexagon shaped dent in his right temple." He said, "Meaning that he fought and slashed the killer in the arm, and he was smashed in the head by what looked like a dumbbell in the workout area." Francisco concluded as she nodded.

"So the killer must have a slash mark on his or her arm." Mireya deduced.

"Okay everyone life up your sleeves." Michelle said, as everyone lifted up their sleeves, and to my surprise... everyone was clean.

"Aggh this is getting harder and harder!" I yelled slamming my podium gosh this is soo frustrating, until Francisco put his hand on my shoulder.

"Well I think the killer was still attacked by Nick." Francisco said.

"Francisco do you happen to know what is the size or weight of the dumbbell Nick got hit with?" I asked as he nodded.

"Well I did not check the weight, but the dent is a hexagon shape like I said before, and the lightest dumbbell is surprisingly a 30 pound one."