Chapter 4

Lamia's POV:

After getting almost no sleep, the morning announcement came up on the intercom.

I slowly and groggily got out of the bed, and practically waddled my way over to the shower.

After I woke myself up with a nice warm shower I walked over to the dining hall, to see everyone in the dining hall wide awake to an extent.

Heck, the only one who isn't awake is Francisco as he's trying to keep his eyes open, and failing at it as his face fell onto his waffles covered in maple syrup.

'That's not good...' I thought as I walked over to him, while everyone just looked at him both with concern and trying to conceal their laughter.

"Hey Francisco you alright...?" I asked as he lifted his head from the waffles his face covered with syrup.

"Oh... hey what's up?" He said almost completely unaware of the sugary substance on his face.

"N-nothing... did you not notice?"

"Notice what?" He said before a drop of syrup dropped onto his nose, "Oh..."

"Yeah you dummy, ugh hold on I'll get you some towels." I said as I got up and walked to the kitchen.

"Geez, he can be so dense sometimes." I said to myself as I got some wet towels, only to see him lick the syrup as it dripped to his upper lip.

"Here you go." I said handing him the towels as he rubbed his face clean of syrup, but he looked down sad.

"What's wrong now?" I asked.

"M-My waffles..." He said as I smacked him in the back of the head.

"Oh calm down geez it's just waffles." I said rolling my eyes.

"But I'm hungry!" He complained as I just sighed.

"Look I'll make you some more if you'll stop complaining." I said sternly.

"Yes mommy." He teased sticking his tounge out.

"You can be such a dork sometimes." I said laughing, as everyone started laughing.

"Thanks, I try *yawn*..." He said yawning.

"Geez you sound tired." Michelle said as he laughed.

"Ha! You should see me in math class." He replied, as I came back with waffles, for my complaining friend.

"Haha that does sound like something you would do." I replied setting them down.

"Oh my gosh waffles! Lamia you might just be on the list of my favorite people." He said as he took a fork full of golden brown waffle.

"And I wasn't already on that list why?" I asked as he smiled, syrup oozed from his mouth as I handed him another napkin.

"Well...you made it past the preliminaries." He said as he already finished them.

"Dang you finished them quick." I said as he shrugged.

"Well it's not my fault they were stinking delicious." He said with a smile, which in turn angered Mireya.

"How?" She asked.

"How can you be so freaking happy?!" She asked as the anger that was building up in her has been released.

"Two of our friends were killed and you are shrugging it off like it was nothing." She said as tears started welling up in her eyes which were visibly seen.

I was about to say something until Francisco got up and gave her a hug.

"Listen, I know what you are going though is tough losing both of your good friends." He started, "...but this is what Johnson wants, you to lose faith and lash out in anger." He said as she looked up.