Chapter 3 - The Cross Country Trials

Adrien's window let the sun seep onto his face. He got up and wandered over to the bathroom. Adrein stripped out of his Pajamas and turned on the shower. The steam started to fly up into the vents. He stepped out of the shower and quickly grabbed his towel and wrapped it around his waist. Adrein grabbed the comb, he brushed it through his hair. He got his colone sprayed it all over him.

What would Marinette like?

Adrein walked over to the wardrobe and pulled on his black jodhpurs, slipped on the logo shirt and grabbed a green hoodie and walked down to the dining room. His food was already set on the table waiting for him, his breakfast was three pieces of Bacon, one egg and two pieces of toast with butter on the side. He sat down and started to cut the egg. His father walked into the dining room and sat down next to his son

"Good morning son." He said

"Good morning father," Adrein replied, continuing his breakfast. Soon enough Adrein finished. He placed his knife and fork together and left the table, making his way to the front door. He was about to put his boots on but his father said

"Adrein, come back here."

Adrein once again entered the dining room and stood at his father's side.

"As you know, the Gymkhana is next weekend," said his father "and I need two more people to be in the Elite riding team. If you and another student can show me that you are committed, I will let the both of you compete."

A smile started to form on Adrein's face.

"I won't let you down, father. But if you want to make your first meeting, you might want to get into the limo."

"Ah, well let's go then son." said Mr Agreste, as he stood up and ruffled his son's hair.

"DAAAAD!" said Adrein. They both slipped their boots on and made their way to the limo. The ride to the stables was silent, when they reached the stables Adrein waved his dad goodbye and ran through the stables. He checked his watch

8:00am

Adrein grabbed his halter and walked over to Plagg's paddock. Tikki was grazing in the far end of the paddock. When she heard Adrein open the gate she stuck her head up, after a while at staring at him she continued to graze the grass. Plagg trotted up to Adrein, smelling his pockets for food.

Hey Adrein, GIVE ME CARROTS!

"Not today, we gotta train," he said while strapping up the halter "We gotta train for the Elite Riding team. Dad wants me to prove myself worthy. And if you're a good boy you get a whole bunch of carrots."

Adrein lead Plagg out of the paddock and closed the gate behind them. When Adrein had lead Plagg into his stall he saw a pair of raven blue pigtails dash past him.

"Hey Mari," said Adrein while tying up Plagg. The bluenette turned around flashed a smile.

"Hey, Adrein. How you been?" replied Marinette.

Adrein scanned her body, she wore a dark grey flannel with the logo shirt underneath. Her red jodhpurs hugged her hips causing Adrein to stare. Her raven blue pigtails were now tied up into a high bun. Her blue eyes were even bluer than the last time he saw her, they were like the summer sky.

"Uh, Earth to Adrein?" said Marinette, waving her hand in front of his face. Adrein shook his head, forcing himself to stop staring.

"Oh yeah, I'm great. What about you?"

"I'm fine. I forgot to charge my phone last night and I gotta lunge Tikki before our lesson. Do you have any spare chargers?"

"Yeah, I have one in my duffel bag, under my saddle. If you want I could help you lunge Tikki?" said Adrein, while crossing his arms across the stall post.