Sour Strawberries and Fresh Cream.

She peered through the gap in the wall, her heart beating fiercely in her chest. Just one look at him and she would know. She would know if they were destined to be together forever or if everything she had done had been a waste of time.

This story was a waste of time. I angrily pushed down on the delete button, my frustration rising even higher.

The competition is two weeks away. And I still have nothing. I took off my glasses and placed them in the case next to my laptop. I pressed my fingers into my eyes, taking deep breaths. I wasn't going to get any work done in a bad mood.

I stood up, stretching like a cat and dragged my feet to my bed. I fell onto it, strands of brown hair coming loose from my sad excuse of a braid. I felt around for my phone, my fingers connecting with the cold screen. I held it over my head, careful to have a tight grip and not drop it on my face, and unlocked the screen. Dozens of messages from my best friend flooded the screen.

Oh boy, here we go.

Where are you???

Wuu2?

Wanna hang out over here?

I'm so bored.

Like really, really bored.

Bored enough to want to hang out with you.

Lol jk, I love you.

Seriously, I'm bored.

Nevermind, you have failed me, I'm going out with Jace. Adios.

Jace is her current friends with benefits where there are actually no benefits involved because she's waiting for her mate. They just kiss a lot and cuddle a lot and then they both have a person to fall back on if they don't like their mate or if their mate dies or something.

I don't know what they are really, I just know that Emily isn't emotionally invested in the relationship enough to introduce him to her family or me, properly anyways. I've seen them together and I've seen around sometimes.

He goes to a different school, a school that is an hour away from our school. He seems nice, from what I've heard about him from people other than Emily.

I decide the best thing to do to put me in a good mood is to go get some chocolate. There's no chocolate in the house since my mom ate it all last night watching reruns of Friends so that would mean I would have to go to the store.

Guess I'll go without chocolate then.

I picked up my phone and text Emily in hopes that she's back from her and Jaces date. Would it be considered a date?

Hey, sorry, was asleep. You home?

I higher the volume and drop my phone on my bed. I walk to my closet and pick up a pair of jeans and a random top. I pick up my phone and look at the time.

6.30 p.m.

I blink at it. I've been in my pyjamas all day watching random shows and failing to write.

My phone buzzes in my hand. Emily.

Yes, we never went out. The prick went out with Destiny instead. Whacha wanna do?

I already regret texting her. I can only imagine how much she's going to talk about Jake now. She's not emotionally invested in the relationship, but she sure as hell is a jealous person.