| SLEEPOVER |

"Yea, right!" Austin scoffed.

"That sounds made up!" Noah agreed.

"You wanna see pictures?" Nicky asked.

"There's pictures?" Color was draining out of Austin's face fast.

"Yea but I don't have them. That kid who was clinging to you does though." she said to Noah.,

"What kid?"

"Oh boy, you really don't remember a thing, do you?"

"I don't , but I'm starting to understand the meaning of the phrase 'ignorance is bliss' ." Austin said.

"It wasn't all that bad!" Nicky tried to reassure him.

"Yea, well, you're not really painting a colorful picture!" Austin retorted.

"That kid must have slipped some messed up stuff in your drinks!"

"Wait, you mean we were drugged!?" Noah asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Yea, that's why Austin came to your place last night." Nicky explained, "If he had gone home in the state he was, I'm sure mom would have tracked that kid down and killed him."

"Who is this kid you keep talking about!" Austin asked.

"Don't remember his name. I don't think I actually even asked him. It's not a complicated one though. I think it was -"

"Do you at least have an idea how I know him?" Noah asked impatiently.

"How would I know!" She asked, as if that should have been obvious.

"Why didn't you stay at Michael's house too?" Austin asked. "Instead of leaving me with...him." He said the last word with a hint of disgust mixed with disapproval.

"I didn't really feel like committing murder last night."

"Murder?" Noah asked, having no idea what Nicky was referring to.

"Let's just stay, I don't make it a point of crashing in the same house where disrespectful, simpleminded cheaters live!" She said calmly but a storm was brewing beneath those words.

"Oh, and I do?"Austin asked and Noah snapped his head towards him, knowing very well that Austin was referring to him.

"Hey, what did I do?" Noah asked Nicky.

"I was not talking about you."

"Did Michael do something?" Austin asked his sister, his protective older brother instinct starting to bubble to the surface. "Do I need to break open my special assortment of knives and gut someone like a fish?"

"Can we please not talk about it anymore ?" She pleaded, blinking repeatedly to keep the tears at bay.

Noah had a clue of what was going on between Nicky and Michael, but he did not want to make things worse by letting the fact that he knew slip. There was a high chance Nicky would hate him for it and he dreaded that. She was too good a friend to lose.