Chapter 19 - Paxton Lenox

Start from the beginning

I wiped my face. I put my trash on my tray and threw it away in a nearby trash can.

"All done?" I asked Faye.

She nodded her head.

I grabbed her tray and threw it away as well.

I walked back to the table. I didn't even get a chance to sit down. The bell rang, before I had a chance to.

"Let's go."

Faye stood,  grabbed my hand, and pulled me along.

"We could always ditch." I smirked.

"You can." She let go of my hand and walked in front of me.

"It won't be fun without you."

"Mhmm."

I caught up to her and wrapped my arm around her.

"Fine. I guess I'll go to class."

We made our way down the hall and into the classroom. We sat at our seats beside each other, with Faye sitting on my left.

"Today, we'll take a small test," Ms. Hopkins spoke, once the bell rang. "It's just a quiz to see what you have learned so far."

I groaned and rolled my eyes.

"Paxton," Faye whispered.

"Alright."

Ms. Hopkins went on to pass out the short quizzes.

"You may start when you get your quiz."

Faye and I both received our quizzes. She handed me a pen and got started on her quiz.

I got started as well. The questions were fairly easy. Most of them were about temperatures and preparation times. Also about measurements.

Faye finished her quiz early. She took it up to Ms. Hopkins desk. She walked and sat back down beside me.

I soon finished my quiz and took it up to the teachers desk as well. I walked back to my seat.

"Alright, I have all the tests." Ms. Hopkins stood from her seat. "It's Friday. I don't have anything else planned for today. You may chat amongst yourselves."

I turned to Faye. "One more class left."

"And then ice cream."

I smiled.

"And then ice cream." I nodded my head.

"Any plans for the weekend?"

"None so far. Why? Wanna do something?"

"Maybe." She grinned.

"You're so cute when you smile like that." I caressed her face and tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

"Yeah, yeah." She swatted my hand away.

It was true.

"So how do you think you did on the quiz?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I probably did fine. You?"

"I think I did fine."

"I'm sure you aced it."

We heard the bell ring.

"Have a nice weekend," Ms. Hopkins called as people exited her classroom.

Faye and I walked out as well.

I walked her to her class and gave her a kiss goodbye, when we reached her classroom. She walked inside her classroom, and I went on my way.