Chapter 7 - Paxton Lenox

I parked my Jeep in front of Faye's house. I made my way up the steps to her front door, rang the door bell, and waited.

I looked around. It didn't seem like anyone was home. There were no cars in the driveway, or maybe they were in the garage. I didn't know. Faye told me she would be here though.

A few moments passed, and the door opened. Faye stood before me.

She wore denim jeans and a black V-neck shirt. She had her lavender hair styled up in a high pony tail. She looked great.

She had Hannah under her right arm.

"Hey, Lenox."

"Hey, Faye. Happy Sunday. Was our dear daughter good?"

"She was alright." She handed her to me. "Have fun. I'll see you at school tomorrow."

"Wait. Are you doing anything today?"

She nodded her head. "See ya, Paxton."

She closed the door behind her.

I walked back down the steps and over to my jeep.

I liked when she said my name. There was something about the way she said it that made me want to hear her say it again.

I got in my Jeep and drove.

When I arrived home, I went upstairs to my bedroom, laid on my bed, and placed Hannah beside me.

She immediately started crying. I picked up the bottle and fed her. The crying didn't stop, so I decided to rock her back and forth.

After five minutes of crying, she finally stopped.

This was going to be tough.

*****

I sent Faye a quick text.

Paxton: hey

Faye: What's up, Lenox? Hannah giving you trouble already?

Again, I actually preferred when she called me Paxton rather than Lenox. There was a way she said Paxton and a totally different way she said Lenox.

Pax: she actually misses her mom...she told me so

Faye: ahh yes because a robot doll can talk

Paxton: yes she can...plus she was crying a lot

Faye: Please tell me you're attending to her...I don't want a bad grade

Hmm. I wonder if...

Paxton: It's kinda difficult. I know I've taken care of her before but it's getting harder

Faye: Paxton!

Paxton: Faye!

Faye: Really?

Paxton: Why don't you help me take care of her?

Faye: Because I don't want to

Pax: come on...it'll be fun and tomorrow I'll take care of her for the first two classes.

I honestly did need help with Hannah, but I also wanted to see Faye again.

Faye: I would...but I don't have a ride anywhere so...

Paxton: I could pick you up

Faye: Did I say I didn't have a ride? I meant to say I don't have time.

I laughed. She was something else, so I tried something different.

Paxton: alright I'm on my way...see you in fifteen minutes.