"I... yeah. Yeah. Maybe this weekend we can see a movie or something. Really, Dot, I like you a lot." Paul stammered. He blushed, trying to move on and trying to forget John.

"Oh, Paul! I'd love to!" She flung her arms around Paul's shoulders. Paul grimaced slightly at the action. He knew he'd have to put a lot of effort into the relationship.

~~~~

"Paul! Mike! Mr. Epstein and Jaxson are here!"

Paul sighed and stood up. He really was excited to meet the people who were taking them in. He reached over to shake Mike awake. Today, Paul had gotten Mike to play a little soccer with him at the park as well as finally laugh and smile. All he had to do was explain that they were getting two dads. Paul thought it would be a little harder but Mike accepted it easily. He wasn't sure why.

Paul gave Mike his jacket and watched him tie his shoes. He felt a sense of pride watching his little brother. He'd always wanted kids to prove he could be a better father than his. Paul realized he already was.

"Hey, Paulie, are we leaving?" Mike spoke, breaking Paul's train of thought.

"Yeah, come on, Mikey." Paul chuckled and lightly pushed him out the door. He observed as Mike bounded his way down the stairs. They were both immediately met with their new parents. Paul approached them apprehensively, not quite wanting to say anything. He took in the way they looked. Paul half expected them to be "out-there", but they weren't. They both stood over or close to six feet and looked kind and loving. The tallest of them was muscular with soft features. Paul figured he played some kind of contact sport, by the slight crookedness of his nose. The man's green eyes shone down brightly at Mike as if he was the best thing he'd ever seen. The shorter man wasn't as big, but he wasn't weak either. He looked very strict but also fatherly. A trait Paul hadn't seen in a very long time. He eyed Paul with so much admiration and joy, that Paul couldn't help by smile back and approach him.

"Um, I'm Paul. Are you Mr. Epstein or Jaxson?"

The man held out his hand. "Paul. I'm Brian Epstein. You can just call me Brian, if you want. I won't ask you to call me dad or anything. I'm not..."

"Dad. I think I'll go with that; I can't be calling you something different than Mikey. But, um, do we call you both dad or..." Paul asked apprehensively. He didn't want to offend them on the first day. Not after the warm reception they just got. Brian seemed so happy to see them.

"Oh, well. I guess you can call us both Dad. You can probably just point and shout if you want to distinguish between us." Brian gave a sheepish grin. "You're both very handsome and well mannered young men and it seems my husband has become quite smitten with Mike. Both Jax and I are ecstatic to get to know you. We never thought this would happen for us."

Paul couldn't be happier. He already liked them. Jax played with Mike, who was already leaping on him.

"Well. I did my best and Mike seems really happy right now and that's all I want." Paul felt a large hand cup his shoulder. The larger man stood behind him, Mike tightly wrapped around his leg.

"Us too. And we've heard you want to be an teacher? I teach history in the next county over, I'll be more than happy to talk with you about applying to college. I know that's coming up soon."

Paul glanced down at Mike. "I'd really like that..."

"Let's get some food then, hm?" Jax slapped Paul's back and let Mike run to Paul.

"Paulie! Are we really going to live with them?" Mike asked jumping up and down on Paul's arm.

"Yeah, we are, Mike. We certainly are."