1. The beginning

Regina

Everything is just perfect. I'm engaged to the man of my dreams, Daniel. We've been together since university. I studied law so I could work as a lawyer at my parents' law firm and maybe even own it some day, while Daniel studied economics to take over Colter Enterprises, a company founded by his father. They consult other companies and help them to improve their production with the aim to reduce their environmental impact and save the planet. I'm very proud of him and the work he does for the nature and I truely believe that he can actually change something. Daniel is the love of my life and I can't imagine to live without him ever again. It's like we are destined to be together. Daniel knows me better than anyone else ever did and probably ever will. One day he took me to Harry Coptiani, my favorite restaurant near Central Park, and later we went to The Pond for stargazing, because he knew how much I love it. It was like our first date back when we were still at university. When I was a little girl I often went stargazing with my father and he taught me about all the constellations and sometimes we even invented our own. The atmosphere on this night in late September was magical, but when we were about to leave, Daniel got down on one knee in front of me and proposed to me. His little speech made me cry and I accepted without thinking about it. He chose the perfect moment. I was sure this day would come, but I didn't expect it in this moment at all. He is perfect and I love him so much. I can't believe we are engaged! He made me the happiest woman in the whole world on this evening. Our wedding will take place at the end of August at my family's house in the Hamptons. Everything is planned by now. My sister Zelena and my best friend Mary-Magaret are going to be my bridesmaids. Only our families and closest friends will be there. We both don't want a big wedding so we only invited our families and closest friends the keep it small and simple. In a little over four months Daniel will finally be my husband. I can't wait for this day. After the wedding we'll leave for our two week honeymoon in Paris. I've always wanted to got there with Danirl and he immediately liked the idea when I suggested it. I've been there before since my family has a small house near the city for vacations. Daniel and I will stay there. I mean the city of love is the perfect place for a honeymoon, isn't it?

Daniel and I have spent the weekend in the Hamptons. It was just some romantic time for ourselves, which we both needed after the stressful last weeks filled with work and countless appointments for our wedding. These last weeks left little to no time for us to go on a date night or simply spent some time without worrying about planning our wedding. So we decided on having a romantic weekend for just the two of us filled with cuddling on the couch and long walks on the beach. I enjoyed every minute of it. It was still too could outside to go swimming since it was only April, but I loved it nonetheless. We walked together hand in hand while we watched the sunset. This was magical and so romantic. Later we stayed in the garden and laid down on a blanket to watch the stars just like the evening when Daniel proposed to me. He was holding me in his arms while I laid my head on his chest. As it began to get cold, Daniel pulled another blanket iover us to keep me warm. I knew I never wanted to leave his side again. I'd be completely happy if I could stay in his arms forever.

~•~•~

As much as I love New York, I have to admit I always love the time we spent in the Hamptons. It's so romantic and peaceful and just completely perfect.
I'd have loved to stay here longer, but I needed to get back to New York, because I have a big case ahead of me starting on Monday.
It was already getting dark outside and I could see the stars on the night sky. The moonlight illuminates the landscape along the road and it looks so magical, almost like in a fairytale, but soon I begin to feel tired. Before I lay my head on Daniel's shoulder, I kiss him softly on the cheek. As a response he gives me a sweet kiss on my forehead. His eyes never leave the street. I tried to stay awake, but I'm just too tired to keep my eyes open any longer. Only I few minutes later I close my eyes and fall asleep. I always feel safe with Daniel by my side. It was like nothing could ever harm me when he was near me. I can't explain this feeling, but I love it. He is strong and I know he'll always protect me. Once he promised me he'd do anything to keep me safe.

Suddenly I feel Daniel 's body tense next to me and I wake up. I knoe something isn't right. All I can see are the headlights of a car coming fast in our direction. It isn't following the straight line of the street, but driving from one side to the other. So it almost seemed like the driver was drunk. Daniel tries to turn our car around to prevent an accident, but there is not enough time. Only seconds later the car hits us with a strong force. Immediately I'm pushed back into my seat as our car is forced off the road and down a hill. Everything happened so fast that my mind couldn't process it all. I felt like I was falling and then everything was spinning and then all turned black in front of my eyes...

This is my first time writing a fanfiction and I would love to read you thoughts about it :)
~Julia