t w e n t y t h r e e

This is still the same day, just a little bit later.

Sonic's POV

Trying to start up a conversation with someone is way more difficult than you would think it would be. Especially when the person you're trying to talk with has no interest in answering, and even if they do, they only answer in one word, at best a nod or shaking their head. Talk about being awkward.

We soon arrived back at the location of where I was taking Shadow. His ear dropped in confusion, as he tilted his head to the side. "We're here!"

"Where exactly is, 'here'," He asked puzzled, as he slowly crept towards the structure. We stood in front of a house, moderate sized. The garage was much larger than the house itself, with the propellers of what looked to be a bi-plane peaking out from the opening. "You'll see. For now, let's just head on inside." I took initiative and rang the doorbell from the outside. My ear perked as I heard a small yelp from the inside, along with the sound of objects smacking down onto the ground.

Shadow and I waited patiently at the front door, the cloud of awkwardness slowly getting larger and larger with every passing breath. Peaking over, his arms were folded above his bump, resting on his chest, causing the sides of the jacket the flare slightly. He looked so calm, so relaxed. Chaos, he's just the definition of perfection, I repeated in my mind, drifting into my own dimension. He must have looked up at me while I was in la-la land, for he then grumbled and said 'idiot' underneath his breath, which I heard but was not paying attention to.

The door creaked open, revealing a fox teenager. Goggles were strapped onto his face, as he answered the door with a blowtorch switched to off in his hand. I fell back into the painful reality, seeing Shadow jump slightly at the sight of my little brother. "Hey Tails!" I exclaimed, as he flipped his goggles onto the top of his head. "Hi Sonic! Haven't seen you in a while, what brings you here?" Looking over, his eyes locked on the ebony and crimson stripped hedgehog that took a place beside me.

"And why'd you bring Shadow..?" He whispered loud enough for me to hear. I groaned. "Long story, I'll tell you when we get inside."

Walking inside of the workshop, tools were scattered amongst the ground, various parts and scraps laid about. "Sorry about the mess, I didn't expect you guys to be over." The yellow fox apologized, as I flipped my wrist in response. "I personally don't care about the state of your workshop," I replied with a smile as he beamed. Shadow walked along side me, taking in what seemed like a breathtaking experience for him. I could not help but chuckle at what a softie he was when he was experiencing new things.

"Here, have a seat." He offered, as Shadow sat down on the edge of the black sofa. He hung his arm over the arm, leaning back into the soft cushioning behind him. Letting out a small sigh, his eyelids snapped shut. "Looks like someone is tired. Did you stay up late last night Shadow?" Tails questioned, only receiving a grimace from the other that clearly screamed Say one more thing, and I'll personally escort you to the depths of hell. He retracted, his yellow ears flipping backwards.

I could tell Tails was very uncomfortable with this situation, and I decided to step in. "Hey bud, can I have a word with you?" He nodded, reading my emotions on my face that gave him an alert that something was on my mind. He stood up from his chair, as I did the same motion, with little to no sign of waking my fiancé.

"So Sonic, what's on-"

Quickly I gripped his wrist, dragging him into a different room. Damnit. I am gonna loose it again. I can already feel my lip chattering, I cannot keep this in any longer. I cannot cry again, no more tears. I promised Amy. Cmon Sonic, keep it together.

Soon after, we stood in a room, more like a spare bedroom. The door was shut, locked from the inside to be exact. Pacing around the room, I felt a headache coming on. "Sonic? Are you alright?" My brother asked me, taking a seat on the edge of the pale bed. Taking a deep breath, I turned towards him. I could feel the hot tears in the corners of my eyes. This story just hurts, especially when you have to retell it with the best detail.