That's What Friends Are For

I wake up in my hospital bed. Shit. Why can't these be real? I look up from my slumber. "Hey you're awake" Jenn smiles. Only Jenn is in the room so I don't know what really happened and what didn't.

"What happened?" I ask slightly confused. "After we took a snap photo, you fell asleep. Don't worry you were only asleep for like 10 minutes." Why can't my dreams ever become real. I'm busy mentally punching myself until Jenn speaks up.

"Oh and I just want to thank you for saving my life back there. And thanks for being someone to lean on for the past couple of days. I don't know what I'd be doing without you. You're the greatest friend" she smiles at me slightly squeezing my hand. Suddenly the doctor walks in with a kit. She lets go of my hand and I feel bad but it's expected. Jenn stands up about to get out of the way.

"Oh no you're fine dear. I suggest it's better if you're over there. She'll definitely need her girlfriends hand to hold while she gets these stitches" the man smiles and Jenn suprisingly doesn't correct him. Maybe she didn't hear it. I definitely did. We look like a couple to the man and I couldn't be happier.

He observes my shoulder, and moves the fabric slightly up. "You're going to have to take that sweater off. If it makes you uncomfortable I can get you a gown." Getting a gown probably means waiting another 30 minutes and I just want to go home and change. I shake my head no. "It seems I forgot to grab something, ill be right back." I guess I'm taking my clothes off in front of Jenn now.