Chapter 27: Connection to LaPush...

So I noticed that I kind of sort of, did forget all about Charlie after Kayla ran away from him in that one chapter. He does know she's pregnant and has seen her since she moved to the Rez, their relationship is on good terms now. Bella is with the Cullen family a lot like in the movie as it moves onto eclipse...One of the longest chapters because the story is about to wrap up.

But, I am going to continue on to eclipse, and breaking dawn 1-2

vote

comment

share

7 months pregnant....

I walk into dad's house with chocolate chip cookies with Paul's hand in mine.

"Dad!?" I yell wondering where the old man is looking around seeing that the house is still the same as it's always been.

"In the kitchen!" he yells back and I happily make my way to the kitchen, practically running into his arms after putting the container of cookies on the counter. He chuckles wrapping his arms around me.

"How are you Kayla," he asks rubbing my back "I'm fine dad just tired and sore, How about you? Bella isn't causing anymore troubles right?" I ask pulling back to look into his brown, the eyes Bella inherited.

"Not at the moment, she's at the Cullen house right now, she said that the whole family is back in town," he informs me and I smile thinking of seeing rose again.

"Hello Paul," he says and they do a man hug. "Charlie," Paul acknowledge him back with a nod of his head.

"How's my grand baby?" he asks putting a hand over my stomach. It's great to see dad, it's been a while "Good, little booger keeps kicking me though ready to get out," He nods, taking his hand away and I sit down and dad reaches for a cookie and Paul and I laugh as he takes a big bite getting crumbs on his mustache.

"What?" he asks innocently "Nothing," I start to feel nauseous and as if he knew, Paul makes his way to me helping me stand and sitting before pulling me into his lap rubbing soothing circles on my big stomach. Ever since that sparing day that I actually got the moment with his wolf he can't seem to take his hands off of me nor can Jasper. Jasper isn't here with us because he went hunting and being around Charlie wouldn't have helped his hunger much. I thought by reaching 7 months the sickness would be gone, but I still get it occasionally and I'm excited for him/or her to come into the world. We want to keep the gender a surprise much to Paul's displeasure.

"Dad I actually came here to talk about something important," I tell him serious. When he had said Bella was his only daughter it had hurt me of course, but now I'm curious and looking for answers especially because of this connection with La push I've always had plus bonding with Paul's wolf.

He doesn't make eye contact me instead he inhales deeply and I feel my heart pick up, my nerves all over the place.

"I knew this would come someday, but not so soon. I let it slip that day a few months ago It was so irrational," He tells me with disappointment towards himself evident.

"Go sit in the living room I have to grab something from upstairs," He tells me leaving the kitchen and I look over at Paul concerned.

What does he mean he slipped up? "It's going to be fine Kayla, come on, to the living room," I slowly walk to the living room worried that I may not like what I'm going to hear.

--------------

The wait for dad to come back downstairs was long and me being anxious helped none at all. Paul rubbed my aching back comforting me during the wait.