CHapyer 37: I've waited...

VOTE

                                     COMMENT, because I love feed back, It encourages me to continue updates

                                                                          PM me - SHARE

TODAY IS THE 2017 SUPER BOWL!! WHO ARE YOU ALL HOPING FOR TO WIN?

                                                                   5:30 P.M

FALCONS

                           OR

PATRIOTS

                                                                                  Enjoy!!!! 

"Hello," I hear her voice on the other end and I don't know what to say to her. I really had not expected her to answer my phone call at all.

I clear my throat "Hey, it's me Kayla," I whisper feeling as if I may be talking to a ticking time bomb. I wasn't able to tell her I was pregnant but I assume Bella or dad had at least filled her in especially Bella, they talk to each other all the time but I have no clue of what.

In the background, I hear a lot of commotion " I know," her voice sounds sad "I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for not answering any of your calls," her words are sincere and I listen for any signs of her lying.

"I just-" She sounded rushed so she cut me off quickly "I can't talk right now, I'll call you back." The next thing I know there is nothing on the other line. I stay sitting on the bed. Literally only a few words where exchanged and she was already tired of being on the phone with me. If she was going to be that way, then she shouldn't have answered the phone at all.

I let out a groan falling back "Kayla, come down to the party," I look towards the door seeing Jared standing there awkwardly. He was most likely forced to come up here and get me by Sue she's a demanding woman.

" I will, I just need one minute," I sigh feeling so let down, today is supposed to be a good day, we brought the kids home, got to come home, and are celebrating with our family.

Instead of having left he sits down on the bed " You know everything with your mom is going to be okay," wolf hearing never get old, they are always hearing things that they shouldn't. I like that the pack can keep things to themselves though, it would be so awkward if they always brought up stuff that they shouldn't.

"How do you know," I look over to him, how could he possibly know that the relationship between me and Rene will get better.

" Did you know that when we turn into wolfs, we aren't allowed to tell anyone?" I answer his question not knowing what he is getting at but I will gladly listen.

"No I thought that everyone knew because of the history of the tribe,"

He snorts "Some of the folks don't actually believe it or are scared,"

"Anyways, we all had to stay away from our house for two weeks after the shift,"

"Sam tells our parents that it's for counsel reasons and they believe it," I almost forgot that the counsel is in on the secret considering that some of them are retired from shifting after having so many long years of not needing to change.

"When I did get home though it wasn't good, maybe the first few days, it's when Sam puts us on patrol duty. That is when the trouble starts for all of us. Our mom or parents throwing accusation after accusation at us assuming we are doing bad things, not trusting us, yelling about everything," his hands are in fist as if this pains him and I am sure it does. Nothing hurts more than your parents wanting nothing to do with you.

"and you can't say anything...Just let them think whatever is in their head?" Why would Sam subject them this? Why ruin their families?

"Yea, Alpha Command can't be broken," He runs a hand through his hair frustrated.

"Me and my Moms once great relationship had practically disappeared and she quit talking to me,"

Jared's mother quit talking to him? That is a little extreme and I know how it feels when your own mother wants nothing to do with you, I wouldn't wish that upon even my greatest enemy.

"That was the worst month of my life, it became too much and I had been lashing out, I experienced being Paul Lahote and It was not fun," of course not, Paul's life has been hell and he still won't talk much about it, it's to traumatic for him.

"but it did get better, right now everything is good between us. Every other day me, Kim, and her go out to the diner or do something fun,"

"So, it just takes time." I sum up his story. Time is supposed to be precious and we all don't have much of it. We shouldn't have to wait for everyone to catch up with the present, with what is right in front of them.

"Yea it really does," he looks at me with sadness and shrugs his shoulder. He hasn't experiences what I've been through, for him it was only two to three months maybe.

"Oh Jared, I've waited almost 17 years for it to get better between my mother and I, in that time there has been absolutely no progress, if anything it got worse every time I saw or talked to her. I don't want that, I never wanted that. I want her here right now to see her grandkids and tell me how to be a mother. I wanted her to be my mother a long time ago, I tried giving her chances she shut me down, I want her now more than anything. But there are things going on that you wouldn't understand," I feel tears slide down my cheeks. I have a whole different background story than the one made up for me.

"Tell me about it then, we've got time,"

I snort "No we don't and I'm not throwing my problems onto you or anyone else besides Paul and Jasper. What I am going through isn't something that just happens every day in LaPush," I stand up wiping my face.

I lean down and kiss his cheek "Everything got better for you, everything will be greater. For me if it isn't one thing it's another," With that I leave Jared in the bedroom and rejoin the party thrown for my kids and the benefit of our family whom I deprived the privilege of seeing them, as soon as they were born.

VOTE

                                 COMMENT

                                                                            SHARE