Chapter Three - Fragile

Start from the beginning

The collision with the fierce arm of the chair drained Lucy of all consciousness. It left her lying helplessly on the floor in a muddled heap. No one was there to help. No one was there to pick her up off of the floor. She was alone. Completely alone.

Jon stared at her fragile body. He couldn't help her. He couldn't go and get help. No one could see him, not because there was a risk if anyone could see him, something made him invisible to everyone else. Maybe you had to lose someone to be able to see him, but that left how his own mother could not see him unexplained.

Pain was in his eyes. The pain of seeing a loved one hurting, without being able to do anything about it. Although, before when he could not help Lucy, it was because he lacked confidence and strength, not because he could not physically help her. There was nothing he could do. He hated seeing her like this. The confidence in her he adored so much was drained along with her consciousness. Her eyes we glazed over, she looked scared.

The situations were different, but he still felt as guilty as he had the first time, if not more. He'd only come for her help, it freaked her out. He would have been better off leaving her alone, but he couldn't. He had to get her help. It was almost as if his failure to help Lucy the first time encouraged him even more.

He probably looked creepy just staring at her, but he didn't want to just disappear and there was nothing else for him to do, he couldn't touch anything . Maybe he should have. Then she could have believed that she was imagining seeing him. Thing would have been easier. She wouldn't be scared anymore. She'd be fine, just have a headache.

"Oh Luce, why don't you remember me?" He mumbled in despair, moving so he was sat crossed legged next to her, waiting for her to awaken.

It felt like a Sleeping Beauty moment. The beautiful young lady, laying unconscious, waiting for her prince. However, Jon could never be her prince, he was never deemed good enough, always caring what his friends thought over what he really felt. Even when his friends were being encouraging; he knew they were secretly making fun on him.

Jon watched her as she began to stir, waking up from unconsciousness. He smiled, glad that she hadn't been out cold for too long, five minutes at the most. Her eyes slowly flickered open, letting the light that was glaring into the room into her eyes. They glowed a beautiful deep blue, even while she was just waking up after smacking her head against a chair.

Her eyes focused in reality and she tried to prop herself up on her arm. Lucy groaned at the throbbing pain in her head. It reminded her of the pain her abusive step father had caused her.

She recalled having a dream where Jon was asking for her help. He seemed desperate, but her stubborn side took over, refusing to give him a chance. It all seemed too real to Lucy, she could vividly remember the way he looked, pale and lost. His eyes were empty like all life had left them.

Her eyes were still blurry. They wouldn't quite focus. She felt like something was stopping her from seeing. What could possibly be in the room with her that was so bad she was being stopped from seeing it? What would be stopping her? She settled on the idea that when she hit her head it somehow caused her eyesight to go and it would be back soon.

Jon sat, dead still, next to her. She didn't seem to be able to see him, or anything. However, Lucy could sense that someone or something was in the room with her, it was a weird feeling. Like she was being watched, but she couldn't work out who. If it was one of her friends who were sitting in the room with her, they would have moved her or said something by now, they wouldn't have just sat, creepily watching her.

Slowly, her eyes began to regain focus, taking in the familiar surroundings. She turned her head to check the room was empty, wincing at the sharp, shooting pain shot through her head. It hurt her more and more with every small movement. She sighed in defeat and rested her head back on the floor, holding back the tears that wanted to leave her eyes.