16

monday morning came around faster than almost anyone would've preferred. most would rather stay in bed, but for Rain, that wasn't an option. she was up at sun rise and beginning to get ready. her ride to school was Theo, and so Rain had to have patience for Theo as he took ages to shower and get a simple outfit on.

"can you please hurry up?" Rain begged and stood by the front door with her school bag. "just hold on!" Theo yelped back at her and she sighed heavily, her phone suddenly buzzing.

scott: hey, u get home safely??

rain: lol yea

scott: that was stupid of me to ask a day late.. fuck me.

scott: ashdjkal don't fuck me

scott: i meant like fml

rain: scott

scott: yes?

rain: calm

scott: ok

  by the time Rain was done dealing with Scott and his slightly awkward texts, Theo arrived downstairs and was all ready. "holy crap- Theo.." Rain coughed loudly as they stepped outside.
"what?" he furrowed his brows while locking up the front door.
"did you decide to shower in your favourite cologne today just for the fun of it? or to purposely kill my ability to breathe?" she rolled her eyes and started to walk over to his car.
"oh, you like the smell? why, thank you! it's new," he cackled sarcastically with a smirk, annoying her some more.
the both of them arrived at school in time, despite Theo holding up their schedule. Rain headed to her locker and Theo found his group of friends.

"hey," she glanced up and saw Malia standing with a bright look on her face.
"hello?.. what's got you all smiley?" Rain questioned with a tilt of her head.
"oh, nothing.." she said with a smug look and Rain raised her eyebrows, definitely not taking nothing as a valid answer.

"bullshit- somethings up, now tell me quick before class starts!" Rain pleaded and right as Malia opened her mouth to speak, the loud and dreadful bell had already gone off, starting another six hour day at school.
"fuck, i'll tell you later in gym- i promise." Malia waved and ran off, not wanting to be late while gathering her needed items.

Rain had grabbed her large duffle bag filled with her change of clothes, and headed down to the girls locker room.
most people had come in earlier, which explained why half the girls were dressed appropriately ahead of time.
she found herself a corner with an empty locker, and began to change.
soon enough, she was on the large grass field, stretching for a scrimmage game of soccer. across the field from her was the boys taking shots on net, which included Scott.

"hey, bestie." Malia nudged as she stepped beside Rain, adjusting her red knee-high socks. "hey.." she trailed off, leaning to the side and making sure to fully stretch before the game.
the coach was pretty hardcore sometimes. in a few minutes, teams were organized and positions were set.

"ready to impress your boyfriend?" Malia smirked deviously at her friend who just shook her head with laughter.
"i don't know who you're talking about," she said before the whistle blew and Rain kicked the ball beside her, to her other teammate. she sprinted down the line, helping her players out to receive the ball. Kira passed to Rain, who was striker, and took a shot on net- close to getting it in, but not quite.

"you almost got lucky, there." Hayden cackled from the other team. "yeah, yeah.." Rain muttered and looked up and across the field, seeing Scott flash her a smile before putting on his helmet once again.