9

3rd person:

six rings. it took six nerve racking buzzes until Rain answered Scott's call.

"hello?" Scott stammered out, hearing a muffled shuffling noise come from the speakerphone and no true response. when he didn't get a quick enough reply, he called out again, looking and seeing a pale white background showing up on the screen.

"Rain- are you going to talk?" he chuckled with a bit of awkward tension rising before she finally greeted him in return.

"hi, Scott.." Rain managed to squeak out, feeling extremely anxious and afraid how this conversation would play out.

"wow- um how are you?" the teenage boy couldn't help but feel a swarm of unfamiliar butterflies when he simply heard her voice. it was soft, sweet, and utterly soothing- which of course he would never tell her that aloud.

"i'm doing okay, you?" she says bluntly, Scott now taking a brief moment to say something.

"very tired.." he mumbled out and rubbed his eyes before realizing the two of them weren't exactly showing their faces. typical 'first time FaceTiming' thing; just voices and a screen showing two separate ceilings.

"hey, what's the point of FaceTiming if we aren't showing our faces?" Scott piped up, now very eager to see what his friend looked like.

"show your face if you want to- i'm happy with you just seeing my ceiling so.." Rain suppressed a giggle and Scott groaned, now knowing how this was going to be.

"but then it's not fun.. how about on three?" Scott continued to try and convince his friend otherwise.

"in case you've forgotten- i already know what you look like." the cheeky girl commented and the impatient one sighed.

"please?" Scott finally tilted the camera up and pouted like an innocent puppy.
Rain couldn't leave the poor guy hanging, besides, everyone else had gotten to see her. so, getting over her fears of pure rejection or embarrassment, she picked up the phone, camera finally revealing her face.

Rain's POV:

you: i can't believe i just did that

scott: me neither

you: btw that was more than 30 seconds, you're welcome.

scott: heh yea :p and i thought you'd hang up

you: oh common, i'm not that mean

scott: yeah yeah

scott: but as i was saying

you: continue..

scott: you're super adorable

scott: and i wish i got to see you in person first

you: i'm not adorable and oh yea that would've been cooler :-)

scott: yes you are, don't even lie

scott: fuck. i'm probably making you uncomfortable

scott: fml

you: thank you

you: but no i just don't see it so..