13

short but i'm trying to update every book //

"shut up and just hide already." Lydia grew impatient as she waited for everyone to get off their bottoms and find a decent hiding spot.

Rain noticed Malia and Kira head downstairs and Stiles, along with Liam, went through the kitchen and somewhere else. so, she chose to go upstairs despite being alone.

right away, she spotted an empty bathroom with the door wide open and the lights off. heading inside, she immediately glanced around, not knowing where to hide.

"3, 2, 1- ready or not, here i come." Lydia shouted from below.

seeing as the shower curtain was closed, she hurriedly pulled it back but held back a shriek when she saw Scott standing tall right before her.

"what the-" Rain said too loud but Scott pressed a finger to his pursed lips, eyes wide, clearly taking the game very seriously.

"you couldn't have found another spot?" he whispered and deep down, Rain was processing the fact that they were actually talking for once.

"n-no.. but i will?" she turned away fast to avoid further interaction but he grasped her upper arm, his hand fully wrapped around and she looked back with a confused expression.

"don't leave now," he exclaims.

"you'll give away our spot." Rain smiles at his small attempt of a joke and he moves aside and she steps foot in Kira's bathtub, standing rather closely next to Scott.

"this is.. weird.." Rain whispered, looking up at her new friend due to his height.

"yeah.. not exactly how i'd expect to be talking to you in person.. Kira's freaking bathtub. great." he chuckled, slight dimples appearing near the corners of his mouth and bright teeth showing.

"true," she nodded before looking back down.

audible footsteps lead to upstairs and the two of them zipped their mouths shut immediately. both of them frozen, the sound of Lydia's light steps faded away from where they hid.

"i think she's gone.." Rain says, not really directing it to Scott or anything.
suddenly Scott couldn't contain his outbreak of laughter, Rain widening her eyes and telling him to be quiet.

"what?" she frowns.

"you just seem so scared.. and then i remember it's just hide and seek." and with that, Rain began to giggle as well.

when they couldn't contain their burst of laughter, they turned to covering their mouths in desperation to stay quiet. at some point, whatever they were originally laughing at had vanished from their thoughts and now it was unexplainable.

sure enough, Lydia immediately heard them and walked into the washroom, flicking on the lights and pulling back the shower curtain with a smug look.

"amazing choice of hiding place." she commented and the two smiled before hopping out and heading out of the small bathroom, only to see the rest of the pack standing in front.

"you two seemed to be all laughs in there." stiles chuckled and winked at his best friend.

"yeah, whatever." Scott shook his head and walked past Kira and Malia, going down the stairs to avoid further embarrassment.

Rain stood there with a heavy blush on her cheeks but the thought of Scott's smile still fresh in her mind.

it's summmmer !! time for more updates and freedom hah. vote + comment !