There was nothing in the contract that stated we couldn't become an actual couple.

Once I finally got to Luke's place and he told me how worried he'd been, I just wanted to hug him so bad. I was about to open up my thoughts to him, I really was. I was about to confess what it was I was feeling.

That's when I saw the vase of flowers and the card with the words From: Matthew x on it.

Jealousy was blinding, chaotic. 

But I was jealous. I was upset because he didn't tell me the first time Matthew sent him flowers, even though now I've realized it wasn't actually a big deal. I just couldn't deal with the fact that after seeing those flowers the image of Matthew kissing Luke in that restaurant years ago wouldn't get out of my head.

I let the hurt turn into anger.

It was like I was in a trance, and the only time I snapped out of that trance was when I saw how badly my answer affected Luke; enough to kick me out of his house.

"It'll be fine," Michael was currently trying to reassure me. "You just need to explain to him that you made a mistake because knowing Matthew sent him flowers bothered you and that's why you acted like a dick."

Ashton opened a can of beer, sitting across from Michael and I. "Calum, I don't understand why you don't just talk to him."

"He's still mad at me." I mumbled. It only happened yesterday.

Michael placed an arm around my shoulder. "You'rs both going out to get lunch today, and you still have time before we leave for tour. You need to think of something that'll get him to forgive you."

"A romantic gesture perhaps," Ashton suggested, tapping his chin. "Like buying him a teddy bear or—"

"Flowers?" I spat out.

Both my bandmates found that incredibly funny. "You're so jealous. It's actually quite entertaining," Ashtin said as he crossed his arms over his chest, leaning back. "No offense, mate, but I've never seen you this problematic before."

"That's because he's admitting that he loves Luke now." Michael wiggled his eyebrows.

"Guys, Luke and I were doing so well these past few weeks. What if I just completely ruined that now?"

They were both silent, thinking. Ashton leaned in. "You know, I read this quote a few days ago. Bob Marley was the one who said it. It goes: Truth is, everybody's going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for."

Michael nodded at Ashton's words then turned towards me. "You sure you love him?"

I blinked. "Yes."

"Then you don't quit on him now," Ashton shrugged. "Simple as that. You don't give up on the ones you love."

---

I knew it was going to be awkward.

And I was right. From the moment Luke sat in the passenger seat of my car there has been nothing but awkwardness. He was indeed still mad, which I didn't blame him for.