Seven

"Lauren?" A scrawny teenager, who was the only one in the waiting room where Lauren was told to leave through, asked.

Lauren was incredibly confused as she was approached by the young boy, having never seen him before, "Yes?"

"Hi, I'm Jason," he smiled awkwardly at Lauren who was giving him a death stare, "Uh, I was told to take you to the hotel."

Lauren was only getting more angry at the second, this is what she hates the most. She hates not knowing what is going on, it means that she has lost control on something and Lauren thrives in having control, even while being in prison she still had some form of control. "By who?" She immediately asked.

"Uh, I was kind of told not to say," Jason said giving another awkward smile as he now looked around at the empty room. He was hoping that would be the end of the conversation since now the guards at the entrance to the prison and front desk were staring, obviously eavesdropping on their conversation.

To his misfortune, Lauren wasn't having it, she wasn't having any of this. There was no way she was going to this hotel without knowing who scheduled for this since it was probably the same person that released her; frankly, Lauren didn't care to find out who this person was, she just wanted nothing to do with it if it was going to be some dumb game like this where she is left confused and guessing. "Right, well, fuck off then," Lauren said with a shrug then turned around to walk off.

"Wait!" Jason ran after her, following her out the door and gently tugging on her shoulder to stop her.

Lauren quickly grabbed his arm from her shoulder and twisted it, causing Jason to yelp in pain, "Don't fucking touch me," she threatened in a low, raspy voice.

"I'm sorry!" Jason said, his voice quivering in pain. Lauren loosened a bit but still was holding his arm in slightly painful position, "Please! Just let me take you to the hotel, you'll meet who it is that bailed you out and everything will be explained."

Lauren stared at the young boy, she surprisingly saw no signs of dishonesty about him. In fact, she had no reason to think he was involved in any sort of shady business, still Lauren trusted no one. Unfortunately while exiting the prison, she did realize that she didn't want to go back to her neighborhood and be bombarded by everyone who hates her right now, the whole world practically hates her. So while ideally Lauren wouldn't be taking this hotel room, she realized that it was probably much better than any other option she has right now. Lauren released the boy's arm while curiously asking, "This hotel, there's lots of people there?"

"No one will bother you there, I have a baseball cap and glasses in the car if you feel like you need it but it's out in the middle of Long Island with barely much people staying in it," Jason replied, Lauren noticed that he seemed to have anticipated that question.

She slightly nodded, "Okay, whatever."

Jason looked a little surprised in that he actually got her to change her mind so quickly, he smiled proud, "Okay."

Lauren still blankly stared at him rather than smile, and the two stood like that for a few moments before Lauren said, "If you don't stop staring at me with that dumbass smile and lead me to the car within 60 seconds, I'm leaving."

"Right!" Jason said as he quickly turned and walked to the car.

--

Lauren found many things odd about this situation; for once she really had no idea what was going on, and the only clue lied in a boy named Jason that looked like he could be at most 18, how did she get to this point? She thought there would be another clue when they arrived to the hotel but it was unfamiliar to her, she never heard of this hotel or even this area of New York that they were in. There was nothing, for once she literally had no control, someone could have planned this whole thing and when she uses the key card Jason gave her to enter the room someone could just shoot her point blank and that would be it. She would have completely walked into a trap and died confused. That was the worst possible scenario that went through her head, she had no reason to think someone would kill her besides maybe angry people who are family of Abigail, but beside that it was still a far fetched scenario.