Chapter Nine:

Mulai dari awal

Hope touched Aiden's arm.

"You miss your family, huh?"

Aiden swallowed hard.

"I knew you do, baby." Hope whispered. She faced him and smiled. "I miss them too, Aiden. They were so kind and loving towards me. Like a family should be. Maybe we should go and see them..."

"We can't. They all think I'm dead. It would cause problems for my family if I was somehow alive and turned up alive. You know that, baby."

Hope nodded.

"It was just a thought. That's all."

"A good thought, baby, just not right now." Aiden murmured as he smiled.

"At least your father, brothers and sister know you're still alive..." Hope murmured.

"Yeah...while the rest of London doesn't. Ah well, I'm sure they're missing my Black charm and chiselled good looks."

Hope snorted with laughter.

"Oi." Aiden scowled. "I am good looking, I'll have you know."

"I'm so sorry."

"What for?" Aiden asked. "Me being good looking? Hardly your fault, love, that people fancy me."

"Not that. This. All of this. This isn't what you signed up for."

"It hasn't been that bad..." Aiden murmured as he looked anywhere other than Hope.

Hope smiled.

"I can tell when you are lying."

"Damn..." Aiden murmured with a smile.

Hope chuckled quietly.

"Hey..." Aiden tucked a strand of hair behind Hope's ear. "You're gonna be okay. Okay? You have to be."

Hope nodded as she looked at her hands. They were slightly purple.

"Poison's already taking affect..." Hope whispered.

"No..." Aiden swallowed. "No. You will not die, damn it. Do you fucking hear me? I am not letting you die."

"Not much you'd be able to do about it." Hope smiled.

Aiden did not say anything as he hugged her. Hope closed her eyes as she listened to her mother cry into Elijah's arms.

Downstairs, Rebekah walked towards Marcel tentatively.

"Where's Kol?" Rebekah asked sadly.

"Off to find Tristan, no doubt." Marcel said. "Maybe I should help him." He made to walk off when Rebekah sped in front of him.

"No." Rebekah whispered as she looked at Marcel's lips. "You can't. Tristan will kill you faster than you can say, 'Rebekah, I love you.'"

Marcel smiled, sending Rebekah weak at the knees.

"I have to do something. Hope is my little sister and she could be dying right now."

"Vincent and Freya doing a spell as we speak," Rebekah comforted him.

"You reckon?"

"Yes." Rebekah smiled. "Us Mikaelsons are made of the strong stuff. You know that, Marcel."

"She's really gonna be okay, huh?"

Rebekah nodded.

Marcel inhaled before he sighed.

"I'm sorry," Marcel said. "I can't sit by and do nothing." Marcel sped off, leaving Rebekah there.

"He's gonna get himself killed." Rebekah said as she walked towards Klaus. "Please, Nik! Stop him."