"...W-Well I... uhh... I guess I... was scared... before..."

"Scared..? Of what..? Me?"

"No, I... was scared of what would happen. After you kissed me, I guess... It triggered something that I didn't know would happen..." Garroth remained speechless with his face flustered. He just kept listening. "Yeah, there were a few things that kind of hinted you... liked me... But... I wasn't sure. While I was gone, I missed you... and I started to like you too." I felt him hug me a bit tighter.

"I was scared too..." Garroth responds. I stop talking immediately. "I didn't mean to kiss you, it just happened... heh heh... But it felt amazing. You've done so much for me, and ever since I met you, I guess I slowly started to... love you more each day. Inside, I knew I would risk loosing my best friend, but something else told me it would make us both happy... but you weren't as happy as I thought you'd be..."

"Garroth I... I'm so sorry... Everyday, when I was... away, I regretted running. I couldn't help blaming myself for getting kidna---"

"...what..?"

"O-Oh... nothing..! I must be sick or something... I don't even know what I'm saying anymore--"

"You were kidnapped... weren't you?!" Garroth sits up, making me get off of his chest. He kept eye contact with me, looking both scared and disturbed.

"Garroth, no. That's not what I said--" It was hard to calm him down with my scratchy voice. I grab his hand and hold it close to me. He doesn't try to force it off. He just squeezes it lightly.

"Why would you hide something like that from me..? Aph, you can't just not tell me about something like this..." Garroth was slowly tearing up again. His voice grew louder as well. "...Why didn't you call for me..? I... I could've... h-helped you. Were you that mad that you didn't need me..?"

"Garroth, calm down... they're going to hear us... I'm not supposed to be here--"

"Answer me... Answer my question... Do you... Do you hate me..? What did I do~--"

I kissed him. I didn't know what else to do. Talking wasn't working, even holding his hand didn't work. It felt weird every time we kissed, but I liked it. But a horrible feeling made me pull away. I started crying and I didn't even know why...

Garroth kept on staring at me. I bet he was very concerned now.

"Garroth... I don't hate you... I...I-I love you... I came all this way for you... And you think I didn't care?! I screamed as loud as I could but no one came... But it wasn't your fault... Look... I'm okay... So, don't blame yourself. I'm right here... I'm okay..." I wrapped my arms around him and cried on his shoulder. I heard Garroth sobbing as soon as he hugged me back.

"No... no; you're not okay. Look at you... there are bandages wrapped everywhere around you... you can't even speak anymore.... Who... Who did this to you..."

"Hey! What are you doing out of your room?!" Two women walked in and stared down at us. The first one looked mad. The other looked happy in a way.

"Calm down, go tend the next room. I got this one." The mad woman leaves, shutting the door behind her. "So, this must be the boy you wanted to see so much." I nod slightly. "Now, miss Aphmau, because of the rules and guidelines I have to follow, I have to escort you back into your room."

"Wait! Could she... come back?" Garroth says, holding my hand.

"I'm not sure. Maybe not in a while. Stitches don't heal in a day."