~Silent Sorrows~

"You came!"

I look around. Nothing but darkness.

"...What happened to you... Who did this..?"

Why couldn't I speak..?

"I'm... I'm so sorry... I-I didn't know..."

I want to say it was okay, but I couldn't...

"You probably dread the moments I'm with you... Don't you? You want me gone, right?!"

...no... stay... I'm sorry...

"..."

Nothing.

I open my eyes. I'm somewhere else. This didn't look like my other hospital room...

I couldn't move... I can't feel anything...

I can't even speak...

I just lay there, crying. I couldn't even feel my own tears.

All I can do is shut my eyes. It killed me when I realized how slow time was.

When will everyone just leave me be? When will I be able to walk out of this room? When can I hold Garroth's hand and tell him the truth? The real reason that I ran out of the house in tears?

I don't know.

But I'm scared to know.

Because the answers to all of my questions will just push me over the edge.

The edge that leads to eternal sadness.

Death.

Something is wrong. Flawed. Out of place.

It hurts. But why? What is wrong?

Why did it happen to me..?

"Miss Aphmau?"

I open my eyes. Now I'm in a different room. I could feel my body again.

"Oh... Thank goodness. It's about time."

It was the man who shared the news with me. I keep on staring at him, not knowing how to respond.

"I have a few things I need to tell you."

I didn't have the strength to speak.

"His name was... Garroth, correct?"

Yes.

I start crying. I couldn't tell if I was happy or not...

"He's definitely in this hospital. He's getting better."

...thank Irene....

"But, you are not in a well enough condition to see him. You must rest until your head and stomach are good enough to remove the stitches."

no....

"Until then, he will stay at room 431. When the stitches are out, you can visit him any time."

431...

"My shift is over, but I will be back tomorrow to check up on you. Goodnight."

He leaves the room and shuts the door. Even though I couldn't speak, I could still move.

I removed everything on me. I got out of bed as carefully as possible. No one can see me doing this. They're going to lock me somewhere and never let me out.

I opened the door as quietly as I could. Surprisingly, the hallway was empty. No one was on this floor.

This was the fourth floor according to the number near the elevator. I down the hallway and almost fell from being so weak and lightheaded.

425... 426...

His room was so close... yet they fear me hurting myself on the way...

427... 428...

This is it. I finally get to see him... and after so long...

429... 430...

I'm never going to leave him alone. I'll always be with him... forever...

.....

431.

He's here. Inside this room. It was so difficult. So hard to just come to him. Everything I did, everything I've been through lead to this...

I put my hand on the door knob. I turn it silently.

I push it open, so eager to see his hair, his face...

... His smile.

The door opens all the way. I step inside and shut the door behind me.

There were curtains in the corner of the room.

He's in there.

I walk up to it slowly. I push the curtains away, just enough to let me see---

My heart stops.

I think I stopped breathing.

It was him.

I couldn't react. I just stood there, staring at him.

It was really him.

I noticed my vision get blurry because of the tears flowing from my eyes. I wipe them and take his hand. I hold it close to me. He was so pale, but warm.

I feel him twitch.

He opens his eyes. He sees me. His eyes grew larger.

We just stare at eachother, speechless.

"A-Aph?"

My voice was ruined. But I made a promise I would tell him the moment I saw him. I used everything I had to speak.

"G...G-Garroth... I... I... I l-love you..."

"...What--"

I stop him by breaking the distance. I kiss him, still clenching his hand. He doesn't move due to shock. But within moments he kisses back.

It felt like forever when we broke the kiss. Garroth kept on staring at me, making me turn away in embarrassment.

"Where did you go? Why didn't you ever come back? What happened to you..?!"

"I... I'm s-sorry..."

"It's okay... don't speak... I know it hurts to speak. You can tell me when you feel better."

I climb on his bed carefully. Thankfully, his bed was big enough for both of us. I put my head on his chest and wrapped my arm around him to pull him closer. We dont say anything else the entire time. He kisses my forehead.

By then, we were asleep.

After everything I did, everything I thought, everything I suffered through,

He was here. In my arms.

My wish had become reality. My life. My future.

But something was still wrong.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~