Chapter 1- Who We Are

Crystal's P.O.V
Do you ever get that feeling? The one that makes you feel so sad, there's an ache in the pit of your stomach? The one that makes you cry yourself to sleep at night? The one that makes you feel like the world is ending? The sadness is so deep, it seeps into your bones, suffocates the very air you breathe to live, and when you try to escape, it hunts you down like an animal hunting its prey. It is real. I hold the evidence.

Rhys' P.O.V
I. Hate. Him.
I hate him.
I HATE HIM!!
I can almost taste his destruction in my mouth.
Talon is out there. And I will get my revenge.

Crystal's P.O.V
I stand in the centre of the mall, unmoving even when people brush past. No one stops. No one asks if I'm ok.
I see a group of friends laughing uncontrollably. Longing sears through me, a burning fire, untamed.
A lone tear runs down my cheek.

Rhys' P.O.V
I grip the steering wheel with an iron grip. I imagine that it's Talon's head, and I grimly, I smile.
This anger will not subside until Talon feels my rage.
It burns, scorches everything around me. A cancer so poisonous, it infects even the good in me. It is always greedy for more, and swallows everything in its path, like a whirlpool in the ocean.

Crystal's P.O.V
As I lie in my bed, I see the moonlight streaming in through the window. Beautiful... But my heart just aches more.
I am a black hole, absorbing all the darkness, the smallest bit of light is swallowed up into this chasm of despair. I wish I could be a star, always close to the moon, the reflection of the sun. The darkness would only be surrounding me, but never in me. And exploding into a supernova, I'd be brighter than ever. Flawless destruction.
I turn away from the unachievable, and will myself to fall asleep.

Rhys' P.O.V
The darkness envelopes me like a cloak, a comforting blanket. I punch the red brick, staining it a darker red with my blood. It runs in rivulets, down to the bottom of the wall, where it pools and congeals. My knuckles are raw and each flex brings more pain, but I can't feel it. I look up to see my sister watching me, her blue eyes wide with concern.
All at once, the rage flees from my chest, and as the adrenaline slowly wears off, the pain attacks, tiny pricks of lightning, electrifying me, making me whole.

Crystal's P.O.V
I am lonely. I am sad. This is who I am.

Rhys' P.O.V
I am angry. I am hurt. This is who I am.