Christmas Resolution

Narrative

Although Natsu's fist was covered in bright orange light, Gajeel didn't flinch from the supposed abnormality. Instead, he readied himself for a fight that seemed potentially deadly.

"Heh~ So you're not gonna run?" Natsu commented, slightly impressed.

"This ain't gonna be the same as before. I ain't afraid of you no more." Gajeel explained as a frown dug deeper into his forehead.

The duo bent forward and made a sprint for each other at the same time. The moment they were within range, they lashed out a punch that connected with the other's fist. Natsu immediately flinched at the impact and leaped back. Something wasn't right. Gajeel slowly straightened himself as he tore his sleeve off to wrap around his slightly burnt fist. He was glad that Natsu's flame wasn't at full blast.

"What did you do?" Natsu questioned his cousin. "That... hardness isn't normal."

Grin surfaced from Gajeel's lips as he let out another "Geh heh."

"Titanium plated bones. Sweet ain't it?" He explained, slamming his fist into a nearby wall at the same time, letting the crack in the wall enhance his explanation.

Frowning, Natsu started circling around Gajeel cautiously.

"You must be crazy to have that done to you."

Upon that sentence, Gajeel started laughing hysterically.

"Yes! Yes I would be crazy! But the thing is..." Gajeel collected himself and continued on a serious note. "I didn't."

Natsu frowned more at that statement. He didn't get what he meant.

"I guess you thought you were the only one huh. The only kid with special abilities that makes you... Unique." Gajeel taunted spitefully.

Natsu only listened as he continued his rant.

"You think you're stronger than others just cause you can wield fire? Well, news flash, you ain't the only one in the world." Just as he said that, a man with a big build and spiky blonde hair emerged from the back of the slide and if Natsu's eyes weren't deceiving him, he could've sworn he saw sparks flying out of his headphones and onto his fist. "And now, it's time for you to receive some down-sizing."

~

Lucy sighed as she tried Natsu's number for the umpteenth time.

Where on Earthland is that boy?

Just as she thought it, she looked at the map in front of her and a drive pushed her to set foot out there to search.

~

"Laxus!" Gajeel yelled as his boss took a head on blow from the pinkette who this time showed no mercy in holding back his flames.

Clicking his tongue, Laxus let out a surge of electricity that sends the boy flying back from spasms.

As Natsu slowly collect himself, Laxus turns to Gajeel and glares, "How many times do I have to tell you to call me boss?"

Avoiding his boss's glare, Gajeel replies with a disregarding tone of, "Yeah, yeah."

"*Hack* *Gasp* *Hack*..." Natsu desperately tried to catch his breath as he blew chunks on the ground bellow him.

Turning away with disgust, Gajeel questioned his boss, "How many volts did you send in that guy?"

Shrugging nonchalantly, Laxus ignored the question. Turning to leave, Laxus stopped when he heard Natsu get up from his crouched position and slowly pick himself up, lighting his palm in the process. Laxus studied the unstable posture of the boy before recharging his fists with electricity but was stopped when Gajeel placed an arm in front of him.

So Far Yet So Close [Fairy Tail Fanfiction]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें