Chapter 9

"H-honey ? What are you doing at this hour of time ? I-is everything alright ?", Linda asked as she took in her daughter's appearance. Disheveled hair, puffy red eyes, red nose, quivering lips, trembling hands. Not a good sign ! "Honey ?", she asked again, when she didn't get any response. Only this time, except replying Holly threw her arms around her mother and started weeping.

                 This went on for more than an hour and yet Holly had not said a single word why she was here or what had happened. Her condition was getting worse by the passing moment. She had become exceptionally weak. Linda was starting to get worried and Jacob's absence was another trouble. He had to visit some business associates, something about an important tender that they were supposed to get. Linda kept soothing Holly's hair until she heard silent snores and felt her breathing get at an even pace. Linda carefully placed Holly's head on the pillow and drew the covers over her shivering body. She placed a soft kiss on her forehead. 

                      "Stay safe and strong my child...", she mumbled before switching off the lights and leaving. Linda knew Holly would eventually come to her at some point of time and spill out everything. That's how their relation was. More than a mother and a daughter, they were best friends that could share anything with each other. 

                It was around early morning, her husband had come back home. He was just as worried as Linda was, his little girl was one of those who made others cry , she was always strong minded girl. She was very mature and understanding. Though her tongue had a tendency to over power her control, she was good at heart. And if Ethan Bloody Mars had hurt her in any way, Jacob would break every bone in body.

                    Jacob sighed and looked at his lovely wife, who had a frown on her face. She was quiet a feminist herself. Strong willed, ruthless but at the same time kind, loving and overly compassionate. Holly had inherited most of her dominant genes from Linda. From the extravagantly luscious mane of dark hair, to a beautiful and pure heart. She was the best thing that had happened to him after the tragedy of his life. But that story was for another time. Right now they had to concentrate on Holly and her unborn child.

                    Holly woke up the next morning, her head was pounding. She slowly opened her eyes and took in her. surroundings. She was back in her old room, at her parents' house. She carefully got out of her bed and made her way towards her bathroom. She quickly brushed and showered. She was well aware, how much of trouble and worry she had caused her parents by appearing suddenly out of nowhere in the middle of the night.

                  She let out a long sigh and made her way towards the dinning room. Her father was sitting there with a newspaper in his hands and her mother was as usual fussing over him for reading newspaper over the break-fast table and how it was the main meal of the day. Old days, old memories.... She chuckled at that thought. That caught their attention. Both of their faces showed concern.

                  She sat down quietly in front of her dad and motioned her mom to sit as well. "I bet you guys want to know about my sudden visit to you guys. Well, here goes nothing..."

                    It had been almost a month after the first appointment. Ethan had become quiet distant. she didn't know the reason for it. He had these weird mood swings. One minute he would be all good and the next he would be distant. At first she thought it was something in the business. But this continued for a few more days.

                     These days turned into weeks and then months. He had stopped coming for the appointments and showed least interest in anything that she said or did. Anything related to the baby irritated him. She didn't say anything to that either. She thought it was a passing phase. It would be over soon. But that was proved wrong yesterday, when she caught him trying sneak out without telling her.

                "Ethan, what's going on ?", she asked as she caught his wrist to stop him. He was reluctant at first but he slowly slipped her hand and continued his work. "Ethan, I am asking ?", she asked again but yet again he ignored her and left. He stopped at the door and without turning he muttered a goodbye and told her that he would be late. Holly tried to control the dam that was built in her eyes. As soon as he left the dam burst and tears rolled down her cheeks non-stop. What have I done ? Why is behaving like this ? Is it some other women ? Has he stopped loving me ? As immature and insecure that sounded, it kept revolving in her head.

                 She was thinking about those to questions. She still didn't get an answer. It was getting frustrating. The only way was to ask the question itself . And that was Ethan. So that's what she did. She got into the car and drove to his office. There the new receptionist tried to stop her bit it was too late.

                 She barged into his office. He was sitting quietly and staring at the computer screen. Without even looking at her, he picked up the phone dialing the receptionist, "Make sure no one comes in." With that he turned towards her, cocking a single eye brow at her. Another dam was building and stinging her eyes. He was never this cold before. He was all sweet and good.

                 She took a deep breath and questioned him. "Ethan, what is wrong with you ? Please !  just answer this one question and I'll be out of hair." Her hurt was clear in her was and she made sure she didn't hide. Ethan's face was still an emotionless mask. Ethan sighed and got up. He slowly made his way towards her. He wiped away her tears.  He suddenly withdrew his hand and turned away from her.

             "There's nothing wrong Holly. Go back." Holly scoffed at that. "Right. Ethan I might be stupid but not that stupid. I know something is wrong. Is it something about me ? Did I do something wrong ? Please Ethan. JUST TELL ME ALREADY !" By the end of it she was literally yelling. She knew it was irritating him.

               "NOTHING'S WRONG GOD DAMN IT ! NOTHING IS WRONG. JUST THAT, EVERYTHING IS SO FAST. SO DAMN FAST. I CAN'T DO THIS. I DID NOT MARRY FOR A CHILD. IT WAS BECAUSE I LOVED YOU ! I DON'T EVEN KNOW IF I COULD BE A GOOD FATHER." Holly tried to calm him down by placing her hand on his arm, but he shrugged it off. "I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO SAY. YOU WILL SAY THAT EVERYTHING WOULD BE ALRIGHT AND ALL THAT SHIT. BUT IT WON'T ! It just won't. Please Holly. I am begging you. I need some time. Go away. Please."  By the end of it, his voice was deadly calm. Holly knew he was serious. He wanted to be alone. And Holly just loved him too much to trouble him more.

                   Gathering the broken pieces of her heart and dignity, she took a shakey breath and turned to leave. He didn't even turn around to see her leave or to stop her. And that shattered her heart into millions and trillions of pieces.

                   "So here I am....", she ended. She placed her hand on her stomach and smoothed the dull muscle ache. Her dad was fuming and her mother had tears in her eyes. It was not like they could do anything about it. "I would kill that, good for nothing br-" Holly cut off her father by placing her hand on his fisted one and giving it a reassuring squeeze.

                   "If he wants his child and wife he would come back crawling on his knees, you don't have to be stressed honey." Her mother could be emotional all the time but when it was needed she could be practical and really inspirational. She loved this quality of her mom.

                    She hugged her parents and made her way towards her room to take a nap.

                 Life is a race and love is the toughest and sweetest puzzle that stands in your way........

************************************

A/N : HEY GUYS !

SORRY FOR THE LATE UPLOAD....

SO ETHAN'S A BIT MESSED UP.... .

ANY GUESSES WHAT COULD BE WRONG WITH HIM ? :D

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK !! :D

LOVE TRISH ♡♥♡