Chapter 7

A certain feeling...

A bit bitter, maybe ?

A bit sweet...

A bit cold

A bit warm......

Mmmmmmm......

                    Holly knew exactly what this feeling was. It was one of her crazy cravings. And right now she was craving Ben & Jerry's Chocolate ice-cream with choco chips and hazel nuts. She had ,had such cravings before. But never this strong. And guess what ? They didn't have any chocolate ice-cream right now at home.

                  Holly pried her eyes open and took sneak peek at Ethan. He was sound asleep. Its not like he would get up any way. You could blast a heavy metal rock song through speakers in the same room and he wouldn't get up. Epitome of heavy sleeper, you could say. Holly knew there was only ine way to wake him up.

                   *SPLASH *

             Ethan jolted awake, eyes frantically searching for the source of water. He was relieved as well as scared when he saw a terrified looking Holly with an empty jug in her hand. "W-Whats wrong?", he stuttered out. He knew not to mess with Holly these days. "Holly, is everything alright ?", he asked again when he saw her lower lip quiver and her eyes well up with tears. She lept into his arms, sobbing. Ethan didn't know what was wrong with her. He just kept mumbling soothing words in her ears.

               "Ethan I want ice-cream." Realization dawned upon him. He quickly went downstairs to get ice-cream. He took a bowl and scooped some strawberry ice-cream in it and presented it in front of her. Instead of a sweet and polite 'Thank you', he got the ice-cream thrown on his face.

                  His eyes were open wide and he was sure his jaw. had hit the floor. She threw ice-cream at his face !  "Ethan, I don't want strawberry ! I want Ben & Jerry's chocolate ice-cream with choco chips and hazel nuts." She all but whined, giving him a puppy dog look. "Holly, its 1.30 in the night. Where would you get that at this time ?", he indirectly suggested her to sit at home quietly, he would bring ice-cream for her tomorrow. But Holly being Holly, took her jacket and the car keys and left. As she reached the door, without turning back she muttered, "If you want, you can come." And she left.

                  Ethan sighed out loud. He dashed to their room and quickly threw on some t-shirt and some jeans, took his wallet and his jacket and left for the garage.  Pregnancy was supposed to be the most beautiful phase of a woman's life, or so he had heard. But no one ever told him, that she behaved like a crazy woman out to massacre everything that came in her way.

                  Ethan made his way towards the garage. He thought he would have to take another one of his cars to go find Holly. But instead, he found a troubled Holly, trying to start the car. He let out a sigh. He motioned Holly to move over to the passenger seat as he slid into the diver's seat. The ride was silent except Holly's stubborn huffs and puffs. She looked like an angry child, with her hands crossed across her chest and her lower lip jutted out in an adorable pout. A small smile lit up his face. He could just imagine their little trouble-maker in the same pose.