Chapter 3

That night, after taking care of a big baby known as Ethan Mars, Holly had reached her apartment quiet late. She was dead tired and she would have just strangled the person who tried to spoil her pretty sleep. So it wasn't a surprise when she almost threw a flower vase at Ethan's head when he suddenly dropped in front of her door at 6 in the morning.

                     "Geez ! I'm coming. Hold your horses, will you ?". Holly was partly expecting her mother to be at the door, ready to threaten her to get married as soon as possible. She let out a sigh. God bless her and save her from misery. Though what she didn't expect was to see her God of boss at her door, fresh and dressed up for office. He gave her a tender smile. Holly couldn't believe her eyes. So she did the only thing that she thought was right.

        She slammed the door on his face.

                  Okay ! Not the wisest thing to do, Holly....

                  Oh God ! She was in trouble wasn't she ? She slowly opened the door and peeked a bit. He was still standing there with his hands in his suit pockets and his facial expression conveyed a hint of annoyance and irritation. Holly slowly tip toed in front of him, trying really hard not to make any noise. She got in front of him and poked his cheeks and nose. They felt real.

           "Uh... Holly ? What are you doing ?", Ethan asked uncomfortably. Holly's eyes widened in realization. "You're real ?", she asked dumbly. "W-what are you doing here so early in the morning ?". She looked everywhere but him.

                  "Well, I came to pick you up. Why don't you go and get ready? I'll be waiting here till then, yeah ?", he suggested. Oh right ! She was supposed to call him inside. "Um.... You can come in and sit down. I'll be back in a few minutes.", she told him as they made their way in.

                    Sure enough she was back in a few minutes. She was dressed in a grey pencil skirt and a royal blue shirt with a frilly color. Her long legs were adorned by some black stockings and peep toe heels.  She looked stunning.

                 Ethan cleared his throat to a grip over his thoughts. "Right. Lets go then ?", Ethan asked her, offering his hand for her to take. "Ummm.... Y-Yes.", she replied uneasily, as she slipped her small hands into his big ones. His hands completely engulfed her's, to the point where only a bit of her fingers were seen. She felt safe with him. This felt right.

                        They were half way through, towards the office, when Holly couldn't hold it in. She had to ask him. "Umm... Mr.Mars ? Why are we going so early ?", she asked him, eyeing him skeptically, as if she looked somewhere else, he would kidnap her. He chuckled quietly. Which sounded Evil. "You ask too many questions my dear. You will come to know by the end of the day. Take this as test of your patience. My sweet, sweet Holly."

            Okay ! Evil pants. Cut it out and tell me already.. !

         Honey ? You do know that there is no such thing as evil pants, right ?

          Well, I invented it, Miss.Mind !

        What you mean to say is that, I invented it. In case you have forgotten, I do all the inventing, thinking and all other related work.