Chapter 16: A Future

Regina was nervous. She didn't know if what she was about to do was smart. She didn't know if she and Graham were ready for a child. She knows something between them isn't okay. Why would Graham be out every day? Regina did know she has to tell Graham at some point. She decided to text Graham.

Regina: Hey babe, are you on your break yet?
Graham: Yes, is everything okay?
Regina: I just miss your cuddles.
Graham: I'll be as quick as possible.
Regina: Okay, I love you and have a nice dinner xo
Graham: thank you lovely, I love you too.

Regina turned off her phone and placed it on the counter. She rested her elbows on the counter and placed her head in her hands. She let out a sigh. No, I need to tell him. I need his support in this. Regina walked over to the mirror in the hallway. She run a hand through her hair, fixing it. When she was done, she grabbed her coat and keys and walked out the door.

It was a chilly night. Regina tightened her grip on her coat, trying to give herself some warmth. I should've taken a warmer coat. She thought to herself. Two more streets. She had to walk two more streets to tell her lover that they would have a baby. A part of her was happy, happy she is pregnant. After taking the fertility potion she thought she would never have this experience. The experience of a child growing inside of you. Ofcourse her love for Henry is just like a birthmother to her child. She loves Henry with all her heart. But also, Regina is a person who needs time for each step in a relation. She has said it to Snow, one step at the time and now she's taking two. A baby and a wedding. Graham and her didn't talk about children before. They were content with their lives right now.

One more street. There is still time to turn around. To wait. To go back to their lives as they are now. To take one step at the time. To not tell him. She didn't turn. She walked untill she reached Granny's. A few minutes she stood before the door. She walked up the small stairs and opened the door.

The diner was not crowded, a few people sitting in the booths. She spotted Graham at the bar, sitting alone. Regina zipped the zipper from her coat, it was quite warm in Granny's compared to outside. She walked over to Graham and sat next to him on the stool. From the corner of his eye, Graham saw someone sitting next to him. He turned his head. "Regina?" He says surprised. "I told you, I miss you." She said smiling. Graham shifted on his stool and pulled Regina close to him before kissing her passionately. Their lips moving in sync. After a while Regina pulled away. "What was that for?" She asked smirking. "I missed you too." He said smiling. Regina responded with a smile of her own. "I'm glad you're doing better babe. I love seeing you smile." Regina blushed at his comment. Graham's hand rested on her lower back, Regina leaned against Graham's shoulder. "You know, that wasn't the only reason I came here." Regina said. She felt Graham tense. She sat up straight. "Graham, are you okay?" She asked worried. "Yes, I'm fine. What were you saying again?" Graham answered stuttering.

"Well, I -" Regina got interupted by Emma. "Sorry I was gone for so long. Wh- oh Regina, hi! I didn't know you would be joining us?" Emma said. "I didn't plan it. I just wanted to see my fiancé." Regina said, glancing at Graham. "I'm glad you're here." Graham said, kissing Regina quickly. "Get a room!" Emma said laughing. "I'll keep that in mind." Graham responded, making Regina blush. "But alright, I leave you two. Have fun. And you, *she points at Graham* you don't have to come back to the station tonight."
"Alright alright. I see you on monday, Em." Emma walked away, raising her hand as an answer. "Goodnight you two!" And with that she left.

"You were telling something?" Graham turned to Regina. "I was but. Can we, maybe, go home? I - I'm a bit tired. And it's late." Regina murmered. "Babe, shh. That's okay. Let's go." He said, squeezing her hand and kissing her temple. He paid his dinner by Granny, took Regina's hand and they walked out. Onto the cold streets.

Regina hold onto Graham's arm, resting her head against his arm while walking. "Regina?" She hummed in response. "I love you. Sorry for not being there when you need me." Graham said. Regina stopped walking. "Graham.. I - I don't know what to say. It's like you're reading my mind." Regina answered. "How do you mean?" Graham turned, resting his hands on Regina's hips. "Well, ehm, you see." Regina lowered her head, looking at the ground. "My sickness has a reason." She whispered, just loud enough for him to hear. "Regina.. Is it bad?" Graham asked, worry taking over his voice. He lifted her chin, looking at her brown orbs which shine bright because of the street lights. "No. I think not. I hope not." She answered warily. "I found out today, that we're expecting a child..." Regina breathed out. "You mean? We're? You are? Pregnant?" Graham said stunned. "I - I know you might not want this. I know we didn't discuss all of this and and if you want to get rid of it, I understand." Regina said stumbling over her words. "Gina... No. This is... Amazing." Regina raised an eyebrow. Graham pulled Regina close to him, one hand going from her waist to cup her cheek. He then kissed her. Slow and passionate. Regina stood on her toes and threw her arms around his neck. She smiled into the kiss. Graham holds her steady in his arms. He pulls back, only to rest his forehead against Regina's. Their gaze locks. "Regina, I know. I know you don't know what to do. I know you like to do one step at the time. What I don't know is, do you want this?"

Do you want this?

"I - " Regina thinks of what to say. Yes she wants a child, now the possibility is here. But isn't it too soon? She has no clue. "I don't know, yet." She answers. She locks her hands behind his neck. "What I do know is, that if we want this to work, we need to be on the same page. And I need you for this. I need you to cut back hours. For me and our child." She says honest. "I know, and I will. I promise." Graham strokes her hair. Sealing his promise with another kiss. "Thank you." Tears start rolling down her cheek. "Thank you." She chokes out, hugging him tight. She whispers another thank you in his ear. "I want us to be the same. Before the extra hours. Before we weren't.." "Ssh. We'll fix this." They kiss once again. And then grab eachothers hand to follow their way home. Home.

Okay so I actually changed the storyline. I didn't want Regina breaking, yet. So enjoy this fluffy thing instead😂

I must say, my planning is really stuffed. I have tests coming up and I have to learn a lot. I really want to update more but even now I'm on fallbreak I planned a lot of learning. I'm free in the evenings though 😌just keep up with me.

Also thanks so much for 2K reads! It's insane! Thanks for keeping up with me and my lazy updates. I seriously deleted this chapter three times because I needed it to be fitting. I hope you enjoyed 💋