Chapter 34

‘Easier said than done.’ Draco had said to Ginny when she told him what he had to do a few days ago.
Draco was sitting with Blaise and Goyle this morning. He looked over to the Gryffindor table where were the blank spots of Harry, Ron and Ginny, who were in the Hospital Wing for Hermione. They wanted to tell her everything that has been happening.
‘How are you mate?’ Blaise asked.
‘Great.’ Draco said.
‘Come on she will get her memory back.’ Goyle said.

‘Eventually.’ Blaise added.
‘Great pep talk guys.’ Draco said.
‘Would you like to do something fun today? As it is Hogsmeade weekend.’ Blaise asked.
‘No not really.’ Draco said.
‘Why not?’ Goyle asked.
‘Because Hermione is coming back to our common room today.’ Draco said.
‘Really? But that is great, right?’ Blaise said.
Draco nodded.
‘You can let her fall in love again.’ Blaise said smirking.
‘Not helping mate.’ Draco said.
‘Sorry, I know this is hard for you, but you need to see it from the bright side, you’ve got a second change.’ Blaise said.
‘Second change for what? It was great between Hermione and me.’ Draco said.
‘Just tried to make you feel better.’ Blaise said.
‘Mission failed.’ Goyle said.
‘I’m going.’ Draco said.
‘Are you sure you’re not going with us?’ Goyle asked.
Draco nodded.
‘See you later.’ Draco said and he stood up.
Draco walked up to the Hospital Wing and stopped in front of the doors. He hadn’t seen Hermione since she had woken up, because she didn’t want to. Draco took in a deep breath and opened the door. He saw Ginny standing in front of the bed where Hermione had been laying.
‘Where is she?’ Draco asked.
‘Harry and Ron are taking her up to your dormitory, but I said I would wait for you so we could go together.’ Ginny said with a small smile.
‘To which point are you guys with telling her?’ Draco asked.
‘Almost to the point where she was made to Head Girl in the Great Hall.’ Ginny said.
‘Oh okay.’ Draco said looking down as they walked up the stairs.
‘You know I was thinking, why don’t you write down what happened when we were not around from the beginning of the school year, from the first time you saw her and just write down your feelings and stuff.’ Ginny said.
Draco thought about it and then nodded.
‘I’ll do that.’ Draco said.
‘Great, you never know maybe it can help with bringing her memory back.’ Ginny said.
Draco nodded.
‘Thank you Ginny for helping me with this.’ Draco said.
‘No problem, we’re friends.’ Ginny said smiling.
Draco smiled. Then they arrived in front of the portrait where Harry, Ron and Hermione were waiting.
‘Oh really? Interesting.’ Hermione said looking at Snape.
‘There you are, why did it take so long?’ Ron asked.
‘Oh shut up Ronald.’ Ginny said.
Draco saw that Hermione was holding Ron’s hand and he got another pang in his heart. He got a huge stomach and headache and he felt again like throwing up. He didn’t want to see this. He walked over to Snape’s portrait.
‘Time Turner.’ Draco whispered so that Snape only could hear.
Snape nodded and the portrait swung open, Draco stepped through it and he was followed by Hermione, Ron, Harry and Ginny.
‘Are you guys going to stay?’ Hermione asked.
‘No we have a lot of homework.’ Ginny said.
‘No I don-‘ Ron started, but he was stopped because of a poke in his ribs of his sister and Harry at the same time.
‘Yes indeed.’ Ron said.
‘Okay, see you with lunch then.’ Hermione said.
‘Just go to bed and try to sleep, we’ll talk later.’ Ginny said.
Hermione nodded and the three of them left after Hermione gave Ron a kiss on his cheek.
‘Do you want help?’ Draco asked as Hermione turned around.
‘Okay let’s get this straight Malfoy, I don’t want to be here with you just as you don’t want to be here with me. So you can just pretend as if I’m not here and I pretend you’re not here.’ Hermione said.
‘I just asked if you wanted help.’ Draco said and he sat down in his chair looking at the wall.
‘No.’ Hermione said and she walked to the door that was on the left.
Draco heard her open the door.
‘My room.’ Draco said.
He heard Hermione close it again and walked to the other one.
‘I knew that.’ Hermione said and she closed the door behind her.
‘Sure you did.’ Draco sighed.
‘Was this ever going to change?’ Draco thought.