Chapter 32

Draco walked through the corridors of the castle. He was kind of in a good mood. He walked into the Great Hall and sat down next to Ginny on the bench. Ginny looked down at her plate and didn’t eat anything, didn’t look up at Draco or said something.
‘Good morning.’ Draco said.
No response.
‘Is she okay?’ Draco asked looking across the table at Harry and Ron.
They didn’t say anything either. They just looked down at their plates where nothing was on, but when Draco looked good he saw a few water drops on the plates. He looked back at Ginny and saw the same at her plate, though it were a few more.
‘Did I miss something?’ Draco asked.
Ginny sobbed.
‘Okay you guys are scaring me, what happened?’ Draco asked getting anxious.
‘Guys what happened?’ Draco asked again.
‘POTTER AND WEASLEY WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?’ Draco yelled and now he got finally their attention.
‘He-he-her….’ Ginny started.
‘Her?’ Draco asked.
‘Herm-Hermione.’ Ginny said.
‘What’s wrong with Hermione?’ Draco asked worried.
‘Ginny! Is there something with Hermione?’ Draco asked worried.
‘Harry? Ron?’ Draco asked looking at the two guys.
‘She…’ Ron started but he choked up. 
‘She what?’ Draco asked.
Draco put his hands on Ginny’s arms and he shook them.
‘Ginny tell me what happened to Hermione?’ Draco asked.
‘She’s gone.’ Ginny said and the tears were rolling as waterfalls down.
‘She’s gone?’ Draco asked softly.
‘She’s gone, not alive, dead!’ Ron said.
Draco sat there with widened eyes, not believing a thing of it, not wanting to believe it.
‘You’re lying.’ Draco said softly.
‘What?’ Ron asked.
‘You are lying.’ Draco said louder.
‘No he’s not!’ Harry said.
‘Hermione is dead!’ Harry said.
‘She died when you were sleeping.’ Harry said.
‘Whe-when I was sleeping?’ Draco asked.
‘Yes!’ Harry said.
‘No! No that’s not possible!’ Draco said.
‘It’s possible and it happened!’ Ron said.
‘It’s all your fault! If you hadn’t left her alone there, she wouldn’t have died!’ Ron said.
Draco looked up with wildered eyes.
‘What?’ Draco said.
‘It’s your fault Malfoy.’ Ron spit.
‘Don’t Ronald.’ Ginny said through sobbing.
‘Because of you our best friend has died!’ Ron said.
‘Ron.’ Harry said softly.
Draco got up and ran out of the Great Hall. He heard Ginny shout his name, but he didn’t stop, he ran further. He ran up the stairs towards the floor where the Hospital Wing was. Draco ran through the doors and towards Hermione’s bed. There was McGonagall standing in black robes.
‘Mister Malfoy, I’m so sorry.’ McGonagall said.
‘Is-is she really gone?’ Draco asked.
‘I’m afraid so.’ McGonagall said.
Tears rolled down over Draco’s cheeks. He felt a pain in his chest, a massive pain that was unbearable. Draco fell on his knees on the ground. Putting his hands in front of his face. He needed Hermione! She couldn’t be gone! She can’t just leave him all alone here. After a few minutes Draco looked up and saw that he was all alone with Hermione’s body. He stood up and walked to the bed. He packed her hand but winced because her hand was cold. Hermione looked really pale and there was no colour left on her skin. Tears fell down on Hermione’s hand. Draco got up after a few minutes of sitting there next to the cold body and he walked out of the Hospital Wing. He started to run he ran outside. He ran towards the Black Lake and fell down on his knees in front of the water.
‘NOOOOO.’ He shouted balding his hands to fists and knocking them hardly on the ground.
‘OUCH.’ Draco said as his hand punched into a sharp stone.
Draco looked at his hand and saw it was bleeding heavily, but he didn’t care at all. He just wanted his Mione back with him, her sitting next to him, placing her arm around him and kissing him to comfort him. Trying to let him feel better, but she couldn’t because she was gone. Draco looked up when he felt a cold wind gliding over his face. And there was Hermione hovering above the Black Lake.
‘Her-hermione?’ Draco asked softly.
‘That’s me.’ She said smirking.
‘Ar-are you a ghost?’ Draco asked.
‘I guess so.’ She said looking down at her body.
‘But I don’t have long Draco.’ She said.
‘Look at yourself, you’re looking awful!’ Hermione said smirking.
‘Why don’t you have long?’ Draco asked.
‘I’m going away again, but I wanted to say goodbye to you before I did.’ She said coming closer to Draco.
Draco reached out his hand to take hers but his hand went through hers. Hermione could see the pain on Draco’s face.
‘Draco please promise me that you will go further with your life.’ Hermione said.
‘I can’t.’ Draco said.
‘Of course you can Draco, you don’t need me, you can do it on your own and you will live a wonderful life.’ Hermione said.
‘Don’t forget that I love you and that I will always think about you, but you will grow up and meet a wonderful girl, you fall in love with her and you will marry her.’ Hermione said.
‘I already met that girl.’ Draco said.
‘I need to go Draco.’ Hermione said.
‘No don’t go.’ Draco said choking up.
‘I’m sorry.’ She said.
‘I love you.’ Hermione said.
‘I love you too.’ Draco said.
Hermione came closer and kissed Draco’s lips as Draco had his eyes closed he felt her disappearing and when he opened his eyes she was gone.
‘No Hermione come back! I can’t live without you! I only want you.’ Draco said crying.
His tears fell down in the lake. He had pain on his chest. He had a huge headache and stomach ache, but he didn’t care he wanted Hermione to come back to him.

Draco woke up heavily panting and he felt he was in cold sweat. Draco brushed his hand through his hair and wiped the sweat off of his forehead.
‘That was so real.’ Draco said softly to himself.
‘Oh god!’ Draco said and he jumped out of his bed.
Draco ran out of his room and through the common room. He ran through the entrance and through the corridors of the castle. Down the stairs towards the Hospital Wing. It was dark in the castle and there was no one to be seen or heard. He opened the doors of the Hospital Wing quickly before rushing in. Draco ran towards Hermione’s bed and saw her laying there. Draco fast packed her hand and felt that it wasn’t cold. He could feel her heartbeat in her wrist and he sighed relieved.
‘This isn’t working.’ Draco said to himself placing his hand on his forehead.
‘Hermione can’t you just wake up?’ Draco asked sitting down next to her bed in the chair that was standing there.
‘I had this horrible nightmare.’ Draco said.
‘And this was a different than the previous ones.’ Draco told her.
‘Ginny, Harry and Ron were acting really weird and then they told me you died. I ran towards you and you were indeed gone. I ran away towards the Black Lake and there you came to me as a ghost. You told me things and then went away, leaving me all alone.’ Draco told Hermione.
‘And you know, it felt horrible to be left alone there.’ Draco said.
‘Please don’t leave me alone, just stay with me, just wake up.’ Draco begged her.
He was silent for a moment, but didn’t get a response from her. Draco laid his head on her bed, still holding her hand and he felt his eyelids growing heavier with every second that passed. Draco fell asleep after a minute still holding Hermione’s hand and he didn’t let her go.

‘Draco?’ Draco heard softly from a far distant.
‘Draco? Wake up.’ He heard.
Draco opened his eyes and saw Ginny standing next to him.
‘Are you okay?’ She asked.
Draco lifted his head up and looked around. He realised that he had fallen asleep after he had ran towards Hermione.
‘Yes.’ Draco said.
‘You don’t look okay.’ Ginny said worried.
‘Can I do anything for you?’ Ginny asked.
Draco shook his head.
‘Ginny?’ Draco asked after a moment of silence.
‘Yeah?’ Ginny asked.
‘How do you do that?’ Draco asked.
‘How do I do what?’ She asked.
‘Being so calm in this situation?’ Draco asked.
Ginny got a small smile on her face.
‘You know Draco, I’m not really calm, I’m just acting calm so that others won’t panic and also stay calm.’ Ginny said.
‘Believe me if I let myself I would be crying a lot and I would’ve lost hope a long time ago, but I’m not letting myself, so it won’t happen.’ Ginny said.
‘Sometimes you have to be strong for others.’ Ginny said.
Draco nodded.
‘You’re a great friend.’ Draco said.
Ginny smiled.
‘Thanks, you too.’ She said smiling.
Draco gave her a smile.
‘Are you coming with me?’ Ginny asked.
‘No I think I’m staying here.’ Draco said.
‘Okay I’ll see you later then, take care.’ Ginny said.
Draco nodded and Ginny walked away. Draco looked at Hermione and sighed.
‘We would go to Hogsmeade together.’ Draco said softly.
‘Please wake up.’ Draco begged and he kissed Hermione’s hand.
Then he felt Hermione’s hand moving. Draco fast looked up at Hermione’s face and saw her eyelids moving just a little bit. Then Hermione slowly opened her eyes. Draco got a big smile on his face and he squeezed in Hermione’s hand.
‘Good morning sleepyhead.’ Draco said smiling.
Hermione frowned her eyebrows as she heard someone talk and she looked down as she felt someone holding her hand and squeezing it.

A/N:

Thank god that was a nightmare and Hermione woke up yeah :)
What will happen next? Will Hermione be able to go back right away to her shared dormitory with her boyfriend Draco or does she need to stay longer in the Hospital Wing?
Thank you all for reading, voting and commenting it means a lot :) and if you read another story of me thank you for that too :p hope you like the story so far and I'll update as soon as possible

xxc