02

deux

e c s t a s y
_

_____________________

j u n g k o o k

I finished the ramen and placed it in the sink. The spiciness still playing on my tongue, but it felt nothing for me. I looked outside from the window and saw how the firmament was filled with the colours blue, orange, yellow, pink and white mixed together. It was beyond spectacular, with the view from the balcony, surely it is.

I then noticed that I couldn't sense any presence, indicating that I was alone. I wonder where Jimin went, and why did he leave suddenly. I brushed off the thought and went to the bathroom to wash my face. The clicking sound of my heel echoed through the silent rooms. The silence was unbearable and almost made me deaf.

I washed my face with water and looked at the mirror. Water was dripping down from my face. I looked at the cabinet and realised that one was missing. The container that was always untouched was suddenly gone. I was always tempted to open it, but something was telling me not to. I raised my eyebrow in confusion, letting out a sigh for frustation.

Why even bother the container? I asked to myself and clicked my tongue. I went out of the bathroom and made my way to our bedroom, me and Jimin shared. I laid myself down the bed and stared at the digital clock placed at the night stand. It flashed the numbers '6:37'. I dug my face through the covers, trying my best to keep myself from being bored. I raised my head and looked at Jimin's cabinet. It was smaller than mine that's why it was easy to differentiate it from mine.

I opened his closet and found clothes, colognes and files of his. But what was interesting was that there was a piece of paper left, folded into half. My face painted confusion as from what I know is that he never leaves a piece of paper. I grabbed the paper and opened it.

"Auf Wiedersehen"

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. What does that even mean? Was that Italian? German? Greek? French? I guess this is what you get when you don't own a stock of knowledge towards various languages. I sighed, knowing that overthinking the message would just make me stay up late. I laid on my bed, staring into the thin air.

It felt empty without him occupying the space left and him not in my arms.I tossed and turned not being able to sleep. I grabbed my phone that was placed on the stand and opened it. My eyed squinted as the brightness reflected. It started to get clearer and I unlocked it. I opened music and played Big Bang's If You, which was followed with IU's My Old Story. I paused it halfway and rose. I stood up and fixed myself. I went out of our home and felt the cold breeze touch my skin. I felt tranquil from its touch.

I closed my eyes and sighed. The feeling of tranquility suddenly turned to obnoxiousness when I felt something dripping. It was not water, I'm sure about that. It felt thicker, like blood.