❁Prologue ❁

A little defenseless girl run desperately through a cold, dark Forest in somewhere in Alaska. While furious wolves were not far behind her. Growling and barking as they got near.

"Your parents died because you!"

It echoed in the little girl's mind.

"N-No." she sobbed breathlessly.

Trying to lose them between the logs of the trees, the thick white snow, the shadow of the trees, everything yet they always ended up behind her, and nearer every time.

"This all your fault!"

"No, it isn't!" She yelled desperately.

She was too distracted with the voices in her head to notice that a log was about to fall on her. She kept running without paying attention until the large log fell and caught her leg. She was now trapped, she couldn't move, the wolves got closer and closer.

"You killed your own parents!"

"I DIDN'T!" She screamed now in anger.

Too lost in her grieve, she didn't even cared that one wolf was an inch away from her face, while the other was pacing around them.

Instead of the attack that she expected, she felt how the weight of the log on her leg faded. As the wolf behind them lifted the log off her, the other wolf just stared at her.

"Who are your parents?!" The wolf growled at her.

"Phoenix, are you stupid? She can't understand you!" The other wolf, Maya, annoyingly growled at him.

"A-actually I c-can..." She fearfully replied, Phoenix gave Maya a look of  'I told you so' and came closer to the little, shaking girl.

"Who are your parents!?" He furiously asked again. Tears started to slide down the girl's cheek, "F-felix and b-bridgette, and they're dead." she managed to say between quiet sobs.

Maya's heart soften at her response, she curled herself around the now sobbing girl. "Don't cry honey."

"So your parents were the previous Ladybug and Chat noir then?" He asked getting closer, only to get smack by Maya.

"Stop with the questions Jerk!"

"Y-Yes." she muttered. Getting her face buried onto Maya's fluffy gray fur.

"What's your name sweetie?" Maya asked, enclosing the hug to protect her from the cold.

"S-Shadow," the girl answered shyly.

"Shadow"

The name bumped in every corner of Phoenix's mind until it hit him, " The protector of the future Chat Noir and Ladybug!" He mumbled under his breath.

Maya didn't appeared to shocked nor surprised.

Phoenix gave her a strange look, "Aren't you surprised that she's Ladywolf? The one that your dad always talked about in the moonlight hunts-"

"Stupid I know who you mean and I also know it's her... Now can we go, she fell asleep."

Phoenix only nodded, Maya stood up, wrapped her tail around shadow and gently pick her up.

"You seem to like kids ah?" Phoenix smirked.

"Just follow me."  She started to walk away,

"Anywhere dear."

•••

•Years later•

Maya and Phoenix raised her as their own child. They took care of her, until she was old enough to begin her mission. Knowing all the consequences of she failed.

•The protector of true love•

And it all started with one cold night...

•••

I hope you liked the prologue!

I promise next chapter is when marichat gets good, I just wanted to introduce these 3 important  characters.

Leave a comment and a vote if it isn't to much trouble

Until next time mes chatons!

~ Nicki 🐺