Chapter Two - Get Over It

Start from the beginning

"You're so oblivious to stuff, Lucy. He wouldn't leave you alone, thinking about it, you never did realise he liked you until I pointed it out to you," she laughed shakily, remembering the way he'd act around her, "It was so cute the way he was awkward around you. He'd massively show off and his friends would tease him so much, poor boy. He was hot, surely you remember him?" She tried to get Lucy to remember him.

She could vaguely remember her best friend pointing out that this guy liked her and what he looked like, but she couldn't remember anything about him.

"What 'bout him?" She shrugged.

"He's dead."

Tears trickled softly down Victoria's cheeks. Lucy stared at her in disbelief. Surely she was messing with her. She had to be joking. Teenagers don't get murdered, they've done nothing to deserve it. They're still kids, maybe he made a mistake, but kids always make mistakes. Why did someone feel the need to murder him? He was just a kid, he had his whole life ahead of him.

"Maybe the actual love of his life killed him, like, maybe they had an argument and she got mad," she joked in attempt to cheer her friend up, "A girlfriend or something."

"Well unless you murdered him, that didn't happen," she retorted, annoyed at her lack of sympathy.

"What?"

She groaned, frustrated by her best friend, "How can you not remember? He was mad about you, always had been, he died still loving you Luce."

"Er..that is a tad creepy. I don't even know him," she insisted.

Lucy racked her brain for the memory of a guy who use to follow her around, crazy for her. The memories didn't exist. It was like he didn't exist.

Tears continued to flow down her face, more frequently. It looked like two mini waterfalls were streaming from her eyes. Lucy couldn't work out why she was crying so much. She barely knew him. He was just some random guy that use to follow her best friend around, that's the only way Victoria knew him, nothing special, they had no history.

She was barely acknowledging Lucy anymore, she just kept crying. At that rate she would have used up all her bodily fluids just by crying over someone's death. Of course it's sad that he was murdered, but she was massively over-exaggerating.

The only thing Lucy could do was rummage through her memories and try to remember the guy her friend was mourning over.

She remembered sitting at lunch one day, laughing with her friends, who she's still friends with today. The faces of all the people there appeared in her mind, one by one, she smiled, thinking about how much everyone had changed in the past few months.

Lucy dove deeper into that lunch time memory. If Jon had been with her as much as possible, the chances were he was there too.

"Oh look, here he comes Luce," her best friend, Victoria teased, whispering it into her ear.

Lucy glanced behind her, to see no one, but Jon and his friends. His friends were slightly dragging him. It was almost as if he wanted to be there, but he was scared of walking over. He didn't want to be laughed at, his pride getting in the way. His friends were laughing, as was he, what he didn't realise was they were laughing more at him, he was laughing in embarrassment.

Eventually he reached the table at which Lucy was sitting; immediately he plucked up the courage to talk to her...

"I can't take it anymore, just stop crying. It's not like you even knew him, not really. Just stop it. He's gone, gone for good. Get over it for gods sake," she screamed insensitively at Victoria.