3.

Alexia...

I got out of the shower, wrapping a towel around my body.

I had to have been in there for at least thirty minutes.

Long, hot showers are the best type of showers.

Getting ready to drop my towel, I was startled once I saw Quincy sitting on the edge of his bed.

He looked quite upset.

I placed my hand on my chest saying, "Quincy, you scared the fuck out of me. What are you doing here?"

"I mean, this is my house." He teased.

"It is? I didn't notice." I replied in a sarcastic tone. "I'm being serious."

"The bitch was at the house suckin' somebody dick." He bluntly responded.

"You know I don't like calling females bitches– but hey."

"W-what?" I stuttered. "Your date was giving someone head? Did she not call you to come pick her up?"

I placed my hand on my hip. "She's such a hoe. You want me to fight her? Because I will–"

"I'm not even upset about my situation. She wasn't my girl anyways." Quincy shook his head.

"I'm more upset for you. You my best friend, Lex. I hate when these niggas do you wrong, real talk."

I scrunched my face up. "What are you talking about?" I asked him.

He seriously had me confused at the moment.

"Come sit on my lap, mama." He patted his lap, indicating that's where he wanted to me sit.

"I'm still a little wet, Quin." I objected.

"That's good." He mumbled.

"Huh?" I questioned, not hearing what he said before.

"Nothin' man." He chuckled. "Come hea'."

I shrugged and walked over to him to sit down on his lap. "What do you want, Quin?" I lightly laughed.

"Imma jus' tell you because I love you." He sighed.

"Stop stallin' and just spit it out!" I punched him in the chest.

"Alright!" He yelled. "Damn, the nigga my so-called girl was givin' head to was Andre."

My heart sank to the bottom of my chest. "M-My Andre?" I choked up.

I started to feel a lump form in my throat. I just knew the tears were going to start running down my cheeks at any moment.

This is not the first time that someone decided to do me wrong like this.

I've been nothing but good to Andre and he turns on me like this.

Quincy sighed. "Yeah, Alexia."

"None of my relationships end good." I sighed. I got ready to get off of Quincy's lap when he wrapped his arms around my waist.

He pressed his face against my bare back, whispering, "Don't even worry about his sorry ass. He wasn't shit."

"And you told me that but of course I didn't want to believe you." I rubbed my eyes. I could feel the tears starting to burn my eyes.

Quincy had every right during this moment to say, "I told you so."

"Stop cryin', ma." He wiped my face. "You was too perfect fa' him anyways." He lightly chuckled.

"I'm nowhere near that." I sniffled and chuckled afterwards. "I love you, Quincy."

"I love you, too. I mean that shit from the bottom of my heart. I want you to know that at the end of the day, you gone always have Quincy." He grabbed my hand.

He lifted my hand up to his mouth before kissing it.

"Quin..." I trailed off.

"Alexia, imma keep it real wit' you." He muttered.

"Say it." I pushed for him to speak.

I had a feeling I already knew what my best friend was going to say to me, but I wanted to hear it come from him.

With his arms still wrapped around me, Quincy admitted, "We've been friends for a long time which means I've seen you get hurt by too many people– for a long time. I don't want to see that no more 'cause it hurts me to see you hurtin'. I'm gonna make sure you don't get hurt again."

At a loss for words, I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out.

"How are you so sure that won't happen again? It seems like I just attract the fuck bo–"

"Do you trust me?" He randomly asked, cutting me off.

"Quincy, you know I do." I breathed out.

"But what does that have to do with anything?" I wondered aloud while turning to look at him.

"Give me a chance. Girl, I love you more than any of these other niggas ever could." Quincy practically pleaded.