chapter twenty one; october 3rd; 3:00PM.

it's so hard to accept the fact your gone forever.
we will never say bye.
-bye bye, mariah carey.

3:00PM

Daniel.

The police came across a small child's body laying on the side of the street, last night. They contacted Zonnique early this morning to confirm if it was Kaycee or not. Sadly, it was she was breathing though but had tons of injuries. They took Kaycee straight to the hospital, which is where we're at now. The doctors don't think she's going to make it but, Zonnique and I think otherwise. We both sat on opposite ends on her bedside, holding her hand.

She looked at both of us with, weak eyes and we could tell she was tired. Since the day she went missing something tragic had to happen to her. "Mommy, Daddy?"

We both looked at her and answered at the same exact time. "Yes, sweetheart?"

"I wuv you, Zion and Logan. Can I go play with the angels now?" She said with a smile on her face.

Zonnique started to cry hard but managed to pull through a smile as she nodded. Kaycee then looked at me, tears slipped out of my eyes and I also nodded. She gave us one last smile before closing her eyes and her breathing started to slow down second by second. Before we knew it, her heart rate went flat. Seeing your own child just laying there was heart breaking.

I kissed her forehead and stood up from the chair, walking over to where Zonnique was helping her up out of her seat also. I held her in my arms as she cried in my chest. Even thought we have the new babies, Kaycee was our first born and our first love. It's going to be weird not having her here and not hearing her laugh. Although, she's gone we know she'll be watching over the both of us and her siblings. We walked out of the hospital room with Zonnique still clinging onto me, it wasn't no point in telling everyone since they already got the idea.

No words were exchanged, everyone just got up and hugged the both of us. No smiles, just sad tears.

4:16PM.

"Are you going to eat? Kaycee would've wanted you to eat something." I said softly as I watched Zonnique play with her fries.

"I'm not hungry anymore." She replied faintly. "Just ready to sleep."

I nodded. "That's fine. I'll take Logan and Zion for a couple of days, then you can rest."

"So your going to leave me?"

"You don't want me to leave?"

"No." She sighed and stood up from her seat. "I just wanna stay here with you, if that's okay. Bryson will understand."

This is very surprising, I thought she would've found comfort in Bryson and not me. "I'll get the guest bedroom all set for y-"

She interrupted me. "I don't wanna sleep alone."

"Oh okay. Well, I'll go to sleep with you."

She nodded and stood up from her seat, heading to go upstairs. I walked behind her into the bedroom, getting in the bed with her. She insisted that I'd cuddle with her, so I did. A few minutes passed before she was knocked out. Believe it or not, it actually felt good holding her again.

I already know this is how it's going to be, over the few days and weeks. She's hurting way more than me. I just won't leave her side at all.

6:17PM.

I woke up to loud knocking coming from downstairs. Who the hell is knocking like they the police? I moved Zonnique's head off of my chest and quietly walked downstairs to open the door. There was no surprise to who it was. Of course it was Bahja. I opened the door wider and let her inside.

"Why are you here?" I asked annoyed.

She walked in and folded her arms over each other. "Did you tell her yet?"

"No, I didn't tell her and I'm not going to tell her. We just lost our daughter! You think she really wants to hear some shit like that?"

"Aw, sorry. Yes, I'm sure she would want to hear it, it'd be delightful."

I took a moment to restrain myself from doing something I would regret. "Are you serious right now? You know what, just leave."

"I'm not leaving until you take me to her house so, we can go tell her together."

Soon as I opened up my mouth to speak I heard footsteps coming from the steps. I looked in the direction of the stairs and seen Zonnique standing there rubbing her eye. "What are you doing here, Bahja?" She said softly.

Bahja smiled. "Great! Your here. There's something we need to tell you, babes."

"Go back to sleep, Nique. I'll be up there in a minute." I started walking to the door trying to escort Bahja out but, she managed to blurt out the words that ended me.

"I'M PREGNANT AND ITS DANIEL'S." Bahja blurted out loudly.

I looked back at Zonnique who looked shocked, her eyes had that scary look in them. She stepped down off the last step and walked towards the both of us. Her and Bahja just looked at each other in the eye. Without moving anything but her hand, Zonnique slapped Bahja extremely hard.

"You are such a fucking excellent best friend, you know that? You just couldn't wait to fuck him right? Don't dare ever fucking speak to me again. I hate you and I mean it." She spat at her and then turned to me. "I don't know what I've seen in you for the past six years but, I finally woke up. You aren't shit and you'll never be shit. Remember, Kaycee died with barely seeing her father she always wanted you. She wanted us to be back together and I was starting to go back. But, I can't do that now. Know why? Because, your fucking full of yourself. I hope you two have a great life together and I wish you nothing but the best." Tears streamed down her cheeks and her voice cracked with every sentence. She walked out of the door and was gone.

I stood there dumbfounded. Everything she said hit straight to heart. These few months were nothing but tragic. If I had my shit together everything would be different. Kaycee wouldn't have been dead and Zonnique would still be mine. I lost both of my girls and I don't know if Zonnique is going to let me see the babies soon. All I know is that I left her shattered throughout everything, I've done. Now, I regret everything...

--

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE SUPPORT, READS AND COMMENTS. 💚💚💚

HOW DID YOU FEEL ABOUT THIS CHAPTER? CHAPTERS OVERALL?

SEQUEL OR NAH?

BACKGROUND ON KAYCEES DEATH.

⭐️: Kaycee went missing on the second in the afternoon. The kidnapper didn't waste anytime to rape and abuse her. Afterwards, when he was done he left her laying in the street in hopes she would die. She died from the severe beating + internal bleeding. ❤️