chapter four; may 31st.

i know i was the one who made you love me
i know just when you was beginning to trust me.
-usher, believe me.

Daniel.

3:15AM.

Once I realized Zonnique was fully asleep, I got out of bed and threw on some sweats and a shirt along with my Jordan's. I wasn't exactly sneaking out I just really needed sometime to myself. I packed a couple of clothes in my duffle and walked downstairs, grabbing my keys heading to my car.

I got in a threw my bag in the passenger seat and started the car up. What am I doing and why am I doing this? I thought to myself as I sat in the car. Leaving without a legit reason wasn't right. But it's what I have to do.

3:21AM.

I arrived to my destination for the night and grabbed my bag while I got out of the car. Terrible thoughts continued to go through my head as I walked up to the front door and knocked on it. The door opened revealing, Bahja who had nothing but a robe on.

"It's three in the mornin', what you want?" She rubbed her eye and stepped aside letting me in.

I walked inside and sat my bag down on the sofa. "You don't mind if I crash here for a couple of days again, do you?"

"I told you about getting in trouble wit those gangs, didn't I?" She shook her head followed by a slight chuckle. "I guess that explains why your face is lookin' that way."

I chuckled. "Yeah. You got some first aid stuff? So I don't have to walk around lookin' terrible."

"Mhm, follow me." I walked behind her into the bathroom and sat down on the toilet seat. She stood in between my legs and dapped an alcohol pad on my lip.

I couldn't resist placing my hands on her waist. She looked at me with a smile. "And aren't you supposed to be avoiding me?"

"I couldn't do that even if I wanted to and you know that."

She softly kissed my forehead and pulled away from me. "You know if Zonnique finds out about us she's going to murder us both. This whole "bestfriend" act isn't cutting it for me."

"Bahja. She got my kids and she's really in love with me therefore, this bestfriend thing is going to have to work for now."

"I know. But enough about us, what are you going to do about the doctor appointments you'll miss? What if she comes by?"

"I don't know about that but, I got two plane tickets to Miami for us. You down to go? It's better than staying here."

She smiled brightly and did a little happy dance which made me bust into laughter. "I'ma go pack! I'll be done in a jiffy."

I nodded and watched her walk out of the bathroom. A whole bunch of guilt rushed over me instantly knowing this was wrong. Unfortunately, I didn't care much. I know when I get back shit is going to go off the walls.

--

PLOT TWIST ASF.
the story is just starting. (; since i didn't want to put the first few chapters into one; i was just giving y'all a feel for to see how the relationship was. now, the drama can really begin.

QUESTIONS;

🤔; how do you feel about daniel leaving suddenly?
🤔: do you think zonnique will found out about him and bahja?

8+ DETAILED COMMENTS. (or 2 detailed comments which will get a quicker update.)