chapter eight; june 6th; 2:15PM.

i'm sorry about everything.
                              -nobody.

Daniel.

"Ay! Bahja! You know the baby shower is today? She ain't text or call me about nothing." I shook my head as I walked into the kitchen and took a seat at the table.

She sighed. "Well, I guess she's starting to forget about you after all." She sat across from me and looked up at me.

"Nah, she wouldn't forget me. Remember she's still in love with me." I didn't know why she wouldn't want to invite me to our own baby shower. "Let me see my phone, I'm about to call her."

"Are you sure that's a good idea? What if she doesn't want to talk to you?" She hesitatingly asked.

"If she doesn't answer then I'll just drive back to the house. I'll speed from Miami to Atlanta quick!"

She reached over and placed her hand on top of mine. "Isn't that even worst? She wouldn't be expecting you and you know she'd be ready to argue. I mean you just left her standing there crying, remember?"

"And that just gives me a more good enough reason to go pop up on her." I stood up from the table and grabbed my phone off the counter. "I'll be back in some hours."

The sun was shining and the weather was perfect when I stepped out the door. I got into my truck and pulled out of the driveway. I started thinking on what to say to her and how to say it to her. Of course, I wasn't sure it I was coming back for good yet though. I just needed to be there for her, for a change.

10:00PM. (took nine hours to get there, being realistic.)

When I arrived to Atlanta, I drove straight to our house. As I was driving past it I noticed her car wasn't parked outside which was odd. She doesn't stay out late, she never stays out late. Something told me to pull up to her brother, Aubrey's house so that's what I did. I got there in about thirty minutes and seen that her car was parked outside.

I parked behind her car and got out of my car. I walked up to the door and knocked on the door somewhat lightly.

"KAYCEE! Do mommy a favor and get the door, please." I heard her yell from inside the house.

One of the blinds moved and I peeked Kaycee peeping out of them. She opened the door and was excited when she seen me. She smiled widely. "DADDY! DADDY! MOMMY DADDY CAME BACK!"

I picked her up and held her in my arms. "You been a good girl? Helping your mommy out?"

She nodded and I walked inside of the house closing the door behind me. When I turned around Zonnique was walking down the hallway shocked. "What are you doing here?" She asked confused.

I placed Kaycee back down on the floor. "Go in your room, daddy has to have a talk with mommy." She nodded and ran off into where her too was. I turned back to Zonnique. "Why didn't you remind me about the baby shower? Shit, I know I ain't around much but that's my baby too."

"Fuck are you talking about? I texted you and told you about it before it even started. Then you had the nerve to tell me you basically didn't want to be in the babies life anymore so, I don't have time for the bullshit right now, Daniel."

Wait, wait. What? I never even received her text nor did I know she text me. "Are you sure I'm the one that's bullshitting right now? You never texted me about the shower! So don't try and act like I'm the bad guy here."

"Daniel, please. I know that I texted you and I know it sent. Actually, I wasn't going to but, Aubrey told me to and he sat right there and watched me do it." She walked past me and into the living room.

I followed behind her. "Whatever man. I should've known it was a bad idea to even come here."

"Then go back to wherever the fuck you came from! I don't need you here if you don't want to be here." She snapped, her voice got louder in every word.

"You need to chill the fuck out, yo'." I shook my head and walked back over towards the door.

"I don't want to see you ever again in my entire fucking life! Just get the fuck OUT!" She screamed to the top of her lungs.

I immediately turned back in her direction ready to say something that was probably going to hurt her. But, instead I seen her slouched over leaning over the sofa. I walked over to her out of concern and I held her. She looked at me with tears in her eyes, her breathing was heavy and then she just passed out. "Fuck." I whispered to myself.

The hospital was about another twenty minutes down the street. I wasn't going to call the police so, I literally just picked her up and put her into my car. I pulled my phone out as I sped down the street and texted Aubrey.

aub🤘🏾: kaycee's in the house alone can you go watch her? zo passed out & i'm taking her to the hospital.

The entire time that I was speeding I was hoping that her and the baby would be alright.

1:00AM.

I couldn't stop moving around as the hours passed and none of the doctors that came out were her doctor. I started to think the worst. But, I snapped out of my thoughts when her name was called. I walked over to the doctor and looked at her.

"Zonnique, has passed out due to her stress levels being so high. Since we only want the best for the baby, we have made the decision to endure labor on her now."

"But, she's only seven months. Isn't that too early to have the baby?"

"It's either we take the baby or she could still possibly loose the baby due to stress. Since she's still recovering, we think it's best for you to decide what we should do."

"Take it." I replied without hesitation and sat back down in the waiting room. Could anything get any worst? She wouldn't be stressed out if it wasn't for me. Everything is my fault.

---

8+ DETAILED COMMENTS UNTIL NEXT CHAP. (or 2 if they are really detailed)

QUESTIONS;

🤔: thoughts? feelings? on this chapter. (add detail pls, it helps me update lol)