chapter five; june 1st.

harsh reality.
it hurts to watch the person you love
become everything you should avoid
it's difficult to watch the person you love treat you as if they hate you.
-r.h sin.

Zonnique.

The loud thunder echoed throughout the house waking me up from my sleep. I looked to my side and Kaycee was still fast asleep but Daniel was missing. Now I know for a fact that he was here when I fell asleep. Where could he have went off to? Especially when I have a doctors appointment today. I grabbed my phone off of the charger and dialed his number.

It rang for a few minutes before going straight to voicemail. Since when do I ever get sent to voicemail? I didn't bother leaving a message. I hung the phone up and sent him a text.

mine💍: where r u?! doctors appointment @ nine!

After I sent the message I just sat in bed listening to the rain that was hitting my window. What type of boyfriend runs off on their pregnant girlfriend though? What type of shit is that really? As many times I've said I'm going to be done with his ass, I never really leave. Maybe there's something wrong with me.

"Mama? Where's daddy?" I snapped out of my thoughts as I heard Kaycee's voice. I turned and looked at her as she was rubbing her eye as she sat up. "You said he'd be home last night."

From the way her eyes looked I could tell she was heartbroken. It feels as though I'm lying to my own daughter which is something I'd never want to do. "Uh..." I didn't know what to say, I was stuck. "He's out doing something special and when he comes back he's going to give you endless hugs."

A bright smiled appeared upon her face and she went from sad to happy just like that. I didn't tell her when he was coming home this time, that way I won't give her hopes up. "Guess what?" I said with a smile.

"We're going to get toys?!" She batted her eyelashes and threw on her adorable look. She thought she was slick.

"No. You get to see how your baby brother looks while he's in my tummy."

She gasped which was followed by her giggling. "YAY!"

I slightly laughed. "And auntie India is going to come with us. So we gotta go shower and get dressed."

8:38AM.

"Good Morning, Ms. Pullins. How are you doing today?" My doctor said sweetly as she walked into the room. "I see we have some new visitors here today."

I smiled. "I'm doing alright and this is my daughter Kaycee and my bestfriend India."

Kaycee smiled at her meanwhile India extended her hand out to shake the doctors. Afterwards the doctor turned back towards me. "So today will be doing the regular so lay back and let's get started."

I leaned back on the seat and lifted my shirt up just a little. The cold blue substance hit my stomach followed by the white pen. (don't know what it's called so.) She moved it around while looking up on the screen. Once she found him his heart beat could be heard throughout the room. "There he is."