chapter thirteen; june 11th.

she just needed someone.
it didn't matter who it was.
just someone to remind her of what it was like to live in a moment, and feel something before she walked away.
-r.m drake

Bryson.

one week later.
2:14PM.

"Zonnique?! You ready to go?" I yelled walking upstairs and down the hall to her bedroom. I walked inside and she wasn't there, which was odd. I walked back out of her bedroom. "Nique? Where you at?"

"In the nursery!" I heard her voice respond back to me.

Since, Zonnique moved in with me everything has been peaceful. She hasn't be stressed as much and she's been focused on her school work a lot more. As for Kaycee she doesn't really know much of what's going on. She constantly asks about her father but, Zonnique isn't ready to tell her yet. I walked down the hallway and into the nursery room.

She was sitting in the rocking chair with her hand on her stomach. She looked up at me and smiled. "I think Zion has way more clothes than Logan." She chuckled.

I leaned up against the wall and nodded. "We can go shopping and get her some. But, I see you finally decided on a name."

"I have both of their full names decided on. Although, I'm not sure if they should have Daniel's last name or not."

"I don't think they should. You spent majority of your pregnancy alone so, he doesn't deserve that privilege."

She nodded. "You're right." A low sigh followed right after. "I just wish things hadn't happened this way."

"It probably happened for a reason, to show you he wasn't right for you."

"I guess. But, on another note I'm ready to go." She smiled and slowly got up out of the chair. "Where are we going again?"

I stood up off the wall. "Beach. How could you forget? It was your idea."

"Oh, yeah." She chuckled and started to walk out.

I followed behind her all the way downstairs. I grabbed my keys and opened the front door.

"Wait! I gotta turn the tv off." I heard her tell from out of the living room.

I leaned on the front door waiting for her to come. A few minutes passed before I realized she wasn't coming anytime soon so, something must've happened. I closed the door and walked inside of the living room only to see her crying while her eyes were locked on the TV. I looked up at the TV and couldn't believe what I was seeing or hearing.

"Rapper, Diggy Simmons was seen leaving a restaurant in Jamaica with his new boo, Bahja Rodriguez." The reporter said loud and clear.

Her sobs became louder and louder until the point where it sounded like she couldn't breathe. I sat down beside her and held her in my arms. She laid on my chest crying her eyes out as I rubbed her back.

"Why would they do this to me? What did I ever do to deserve this?!" She cried even harder.

"They wanted to see you hurting. But, you got to forget about them. They aren't worth your time."

3:00PM.

Zonnique was fast asleep cuddled up with her life sized teddy bear. After minutes of her crying she had finally fallen asleep. She was extremely hurt because, even in her sleep she was crying. I got up from the couch and walked into the kitchen. I grabbed my phone and seen that the news was everywhere. People were talking about how stupid Zonnique was for staying with him.

I shook my head at the comments that were being made. I went to my Twitter profile and composed a tweet.

BRYSONTILLER: chill on bashing ZONNIQUEJAILEE she didn't know nothing about what was going on. this is all new to her as well. 💯

Now, I have to try and figure out something to cheer her up. Nobody deserves to be hurt that way and made a fool up of on national TV.

--

5+ COMMENTS UNTIL NEXT CHAPPIE.
i know it's short, didn't really know what to write for him.

QUESTIONS;
🤔; thoughts? feelings? share ya feelings on this short chapter babes!