Chapter Ten

Izzy sat in the Ravenclaw Common Room, reading a book from the bookshelf that she sat close to. The Common Room was large and airy with midnight blue carpets on the floor. Bookshelves and armchairs were everywhere in the room, all different shades of blue. A marble statue of Ravenclaw stood in front of the door to the dormitories. People were chatting, reading and studying everywhere. Someone cleared their throat in front of her. She looked up and saw the female prefect glaring.

"I thought that I made it clear that all first years are to be up in the dormitories getting ready for bed."

"Oh sorry," Izzy looked down. "I just saw this book on the shelves and I thought that it would be a good read. I sat down then..."

The prefect smiled, putting a hand on Izzy's shoulder. "Well, it's alright. Sometimes we all get carried away while reading, right? I guess it's just what happens when you are sorted into the smartest house in Hogwarts."

Izzy nodded.

"Good. Now off to bed. I'll make sure that no-one else will read the book until you come back in the morning, alright?"

Izzy mumbled a 'thank you' and darted off behind the marble statue and into the dorms.

The prefect sighed, sitting down where Izzy just sat. "Let's see how good this book really is, shall we?"

Izzy ran up the stairs to find herself in a long hallway with doors on the left and the right. She smiled when she saw Elliot and Eliza from the Feast and another boy talking in the corridor. Eliza turned and waved.

"Hey Izzy."

"Hi."

"Um... Izzy. This is Benjamin McGregor, one of my friends." Elliot said, gesturing towards the other boy."

"Hi, Benjamin."

"Hi." the boy waved and continued his conversation with Elliot. 

Izzy was trying to understand the conversation between the boys but failed to understand anything. Something about throwing 'Quaffles' and a 'Golden Snitch...?

"Well, I guess that I should take Izzy to her dorm. Say goodnight, gentlemen." Eliza started dragging Izzy towards the dorms.

"Goodnight, gentlemen." Elliot smiled, waving a little.

"Bye." Izzy laughed as she walked through one of the doors.

Eliza closed the door. She laughed. "Having trouble understanding them?"

"Yes." Izzy blushed. "I'm really confused and everything."

"Elliot will explain." Eliza sighed. "He's all crazy over Quidditch; that's a Wizarding sport, by the way. Anyway, Benjamin McGregor seems cute, right? He'll go well with you. Or maybe Elliot. He's nice, but he's too young for me."

"Eliza!" Izzy groaned, plopping onto her bed. "Stop matchmaking us when we're only first years!"

"Yeah, and I'll be screaming out loud a huge 'I told you so' out loud when you guys are together."

Izzy leaned back and groaned.

"You're such a killjoy. Go bother someone else, please."

"But everyone else is in the Common Room and I need to keep an eye on you."

"Ugh. Fine fine fine."

Eliza smirked. "You do know that for the next few years, you're going to have to put up with me, right?"

"Yes, I know." Izzy said standing up and reaching into her already opened trunk.

She grabbed her pyjamas and toiletries and glanced at Eliza making kissy noises at her. People who just walked in looked at Eliza weirdly.

"Now, missy, you are going to behave while I shower and brush my teeth, alright?" Izzy said.

Izzy closed the door to the girls bathroom. 

"That girl," Eliza shook her head. "She'll soon find out that I'm always right."