Chapter Six

"Now, how in the world are the children getting to the train?" Miriam asked Fred as they started walking again.

"You see that barrier?" Fred pointed to the columns between Platform Nine and Ten.

Miriam nodded. "What about the barrier?"

"They just walk straight through it and they'll get to the Hogwarts Express."

"Won't they crash?"

Fred smiled. "Definitely not."

They walked towards the nearest barrier, all of them stopping in front of it.

Sirius nudged Henry and Hope. "Well, since Isabelle's never been on the Express before, why don't you guys show her?"

"Fine." Henry pouted and Hope groaned.

He took Hope's hand and ran carrying their trunks and owls straight into the barrier. When it looked like they were just about to crash, they went straight through. Miriam gasped. Andrew paled. Ella squealed.

"I want to try it!" she screamed.

"Probably not. They don't allow muggles inside the Platform." Sirius said.

"Aww..." Ella pouted.

"It's okay." Nixie rubbed her back. "You'll get to go on it when you're eleven and when you receive your letter."

Andrew and Miriam exchanged meaningful smiles. Sirius eyed them strangely then cleared his throat.

"Well, Remus, Nixie and I had better be going. McGonagall won't be happy if we arrive late."

He wrapped one arm around Nixie's shoulders and disappeared with a crack. Remus hugged Hope and vanished.

"Where'd they go?" Ella scratched her head.

"To Hogwarts." Eleanor smiled at Ella. "They're Professors."

"What are Pro... pro... profess... professors?" Ella asked.

"Teachers." Eleanor explained.

"Oh."

Henry's head poked through the barrier. "Well are you guys leaving, because that train's gonna leave without you."

His head disappeared.

"Right." Miriam said. "Safe travels, honey. See you at Christmas."

Andrew tackled Izzy into a hug. "See you later, Izzy."

Ella started crying and hugging Izzy. "Bye Izzy Wizzy."

Izzy took her trunk and owl and waved goodbye before she stepped through the barrier.

Henry and Hope were standing in front of her.

"Took you a while, didn't it?" Henry shook his head. "Now come on, the train's leaving soon."

Hope took Izzy's hand. "Let's get an compartment and Henry will take your owl and luggage."

"Thanks." Izzy smiled.

"Well, that's what we do for friends, right?" Hope laughed and pulled her onto the train.

They went and sat down in a compartment where there were already four people in it. A boy with hair the colour of bronze shouted, "Hey look you guys! It's Hope the Dope."

Hope smiled. "And if it isn't the Angry Quidditch Baby?"

The boy's face twisted in anger. "Don't call me that, Dopey."

Hope pouted. "It's Hope."

"Fine, Hope."

"Fine, Elliot."

"Would you guys quit it?" a white-haired girl shouted, already wearing her school robes although the train hasn't even started moving out of the station yet.

Hope and the boy, Elliot, were finally quiet.

"Who are you?" a red-haired girl sitting next to the white haired one asked Izzy.

"Isabelle Sanders." Izzy said.

"Cool, I'm Eliza Weasley, Ravenclaw. I'm a third year."

"I'm Stella Weasley, Slytherin. I'm a third year as well. We're twins." the white haired girl, Stella said.

"But, your hair. It's..."

"White?" Stella finished the sentence for her.

"Yes." Izzy nodded.

"Oh, I take after my Mum. She's had white hair since birth. But I could change it though."

"How?"

"She's a metamorphmagus." Elliot said. "I'm Elliot Diggory, by the way."

"What does a metamorphmagus mean, Elliot?" Izzy said, turning her gaze onto him.

"It means a person who can change their appearance at will, without a wand, spell or a potion. Teddy's one too."

"Yeah, of course I am." Teddy said, turning his hair and eyes into a bright neon blue.

"Show off." Stella muttered as she changed her hair dark green.