CID9-Christmas Eve

Chapter 9..........Christmas Eve

The rest of the week past by quickly, just as planned things were going by smoothly. Things were so calm I felt myself relax for once.

"Aunt Aceie, where is Daddy and Uncle Scott?" Carlie asked sweetly. I was shocked at her question. Naturally Carlie was a quiet girl, but she was always sweet.

"Sweetie they've gone to the store," I replied, and continued to apply gumdrops to our gingerbread house.

"To get ice-cream?" she shouted excitedly.

"No Silly-Willy, they are not going to get ice-cream," I stated.

"But Santa loves ice-cream. He even feeds it to his reindeer," she stated excited.

Then abruptly Jessie came out of the bathroom. She looked rough with her hair going everywhere, and she was still in her pajamas. She came and sat down beside me. She laid her head on my shoulder.

"Jess, are you alright?" I asked.

"No. I feel like I'm dying," she whined laying her head on the table.

"Do you have a fever? Are you contagious?" I asked.

"I don't know, but I've been sick at my stomach all week," she replied.

I felt her forehead and she didn't have a fever. "Have you been throwing up?" I asked.

She looked up at me. "Some but it's just a bug," she replied quickly. She started to piddle with some of the gumdrops.

I wondered why Jessie was acting so sketchy, but before I could ask her anymore questions she ran back to the bathroom. Lying on the table beside her chair was the remains of a half eaten gingerbread man. Monster is all I could say.

Henry on the other hand was to busy playing on his mother's iPhone.

"Henry, what are you up too? You stinker," my mother asked.

He grinned up at us wickedly, which was never good.

"Henry if you don't give me that phone I'm going to tickle you," I teased.

He looked up from the phone in horror. "Never!" he screamed as he ran for safety. Although he was not quick enough for I caught him mid run. I started to tickle him and he squealed, squirmed, and kicked.

Just then the door opened and John David and Scott walked in with groceries.

"Daddy save me!" Henry screamed.

John David laughed as he put the groceries down. "No can help little man. You don't mess with Aunt Aceie. She has the meanest headlock I have ever experienced," John David stated.

Scott came up and lifted Henry over is shoulder. "Are you messing with my girls?" Scott asked.

"No!" Henry screamed.

"You going to stop teasing my girl?" Scott teased.

"No," Henry giggled.

Scott started to slowly drop Henry.

"Yes! Yes! I'll stop," Henry stated.

Scott set Henry down on his feet, and Henry stuck his tongue out at Scott.

"Henry that's not nice," Karen commended. "You know Santa knows when you're being bad. Do you want coal in your stocking?" Then Henry ran to her side at the table and pouted. Karen snapped her fingers at Henry which told him that there was no crying.

I went into the den and found Noah with his laptop open. I went behind him and ruffled his hair. He looked up at me with an annoyed expression.

"What are you watchin'?" I asked.