CID3-Meeting the Parents....and the entire Jackson County area.

Chapter 3...Meeting the Parents.....and the entire Jackson County area.

            Scott and I made our way to the den. The house was so crowded with family, that there were people everywhere. As I was pulling Scott over to the couch Henry my nephew tried to push his authority. Henry pulled down on Scott's pants.

            "Hey!! Mr.!" my little nephew yelled. I just smiled at the little man.

            Scott looked down at the squirt, for Scott towered over Henry. "Yes little man, how can I help you?"

            Henry motioned for Scott to get down to his eye level. Scott did as the tike said, and I couldn't help but notice how great Scott was with kids. "Now you listen hear buster, you better not hurt my aunt Aceie, or I'll knock your block off," the little monster threatened. He gave Scott the meanest face I have ever seen, and then took off running. 

            "So did you two have a good chat?" I teased Scott as he got up from where he had squatted down to talk with Henry.

            "Honestly I think the kids got it in for me. I believe he may have had a talk with his dad before I got here," Scott stated. I couldn't disagree with him there, Henry looked pretty steamed.

            "Well that sounds like something John David would do," I stated. Scott and I found a spot to on the couch next to my cousin Megan and her husband Bill. Megan was holding her five month old baby Lilly Beth. She was so cute. When we were settled on the couch Scott put his arm around my shoulders, and I naturally scooted in closer to him.

            "Well Anna Claire, how's life in Nashville? We sure do miss seeing you around," Megan sweetly stated.

            "It's great I guess, and I know I do need to make a better effort of coming home, it's just all the school stuff, you know?" I asked, and Megan answered me with a smile and nodding her head.  "I kind of wanna come home more often now, that it looks like I'm missing out that beautiful ray of sunshine," I stated looking at Lilly Beth. I loved babies, but only when I could return them to their parents later.

            "Well thanks Anna Claire it's nice to think that you see me that way, but I'm already married to Megan here. Plus I think it would make your boyfriend jealous," Bill joked. Bill was in my class in high school, and he was known as the class clown.

            "Oh I was talking about the baby, hand her over to me, I want to get my turn to spoil her," I laughed. Megan gave me Lilly Beth, and she just stared up at Scott in wonder. Scott crossed his eyes and Lilly Beth just had a laughing fit.

            "Aw y'all make such a cute couple," Megan stated. "I can't wait until y'all get married and have a baby of your own. I can already tell y'all would make wonderful parents." Oh great. Scott's met my family for a total of twenty minutes, and they are already trying to get him to purpose and get me pregnant. Talk about a shot gun wedding. I looked bashfully at Scott not realizing that Lilly Beth had crawled out of my lap to Scott's and was bouncing on his knee.

            "Well, you see I've just begged Claire here to do everything backwards. You know have a baby get married and then date. She won't give in to me yet," Scott teased mainly talking to Bill. It sent chills up my spine the way he had said the word yet. I could swear he had said it seductively.

            "OH Anna Claire you are just glowing!!!!" my great grams said walking over to where the four of us were sitting. "I had no idea that you had a baby. Girl I should get after you with a switch. But honestly I can see why it was so easy for you to get pregnant." I had no idea where she had gotten this idea, but I'm sure my face was priceless from the laughter around me.