CID12-As Time Flies By

Chapter 12....As Time Flies By

So you never know how much you own until you have to move it. I thought I would never reach the end of the mountains of boxes. Sure I didn't have a lot, but it was a whole lot more than I thought I had. It has been about 2 months since I moved and I've come down to the last three boxes. I opened one of them up and at the very top was a journal. It wasn't just any journal, it was his journal. I pick it up and smelled the pages, and they smelled fresh and brand new. The leather on the cover was smooth, and the flowers still had their shine. I truly couldn't have asked for a better gift, but instead of crying over it, I shoved it back in the box and put at the top of my closet.

I pulled out my bible from my night stand and flipped to the used pages. I read over the verse I opened to. I happened to be one of my favorite verses, Proverbs 3:5-6.

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths.

I jumped at the sound of my phone ringing. I ran to the den and picked up the phone. "Hello?"

"Hey Claire, it's Sarah. Hey I was wondering what you were doing tonight, and if you weren't busy if you would be up for a little girls night out on the town?" She asked.

"Well I just finished the last of my unpacking, so I my night is really empty. A girl's night sounds very inviting," I replied.

"Yay! Because to be honest my family is driving me crazy, especially my kids," She teased.

I just laughed at her antics. Sarah was my best friend since moving to Austin. We both worked at the paper, and she made my days, to say the least, tolerable. I mean I loved working at the paper, but I'm still new and it could get really lonely. My family makes sure to flood my answering machine at least three times a week, but I never thought I would really miss them. Jessie and I have grown closer since she got pregnant. I begged her to come with me, but she wouldn't. She did have the courage to tell Mom and Dad about her pregnancy though. I was so proud of her.

"Okay what time do you want to go out?" Sarah asked.

"How about around five?" I replied.

"Let's make around seven that way it will give me time to help Stephen get the twins bathed," she stated.

"Okay sounds good. See you at seven," I stated.

I went to my closet to pick out my outfit and get ready. As I was reaching for my sweater, the box tipped over and something hit me in the head on its way down to the floor. I looked at my feet and saw the journal once again. I didn't have time to fool with it so I just tossed it on my bed, and left for the bathroom.

Sarah and I decided to go to this new steak restaurant. It was said to be very good. The only thing I despised was their decorations. They had pink everywhere for Valentine's Day. The whole idea made me sick at my stomach.

"Oh aren't the decorations just adorable?" Sarah asked.

"They're just dainty," I replied sarcastically. "Anyways how are Miley and Emily?"

"Oh they are as silly as ever," she replied. "They miss their Aunt Claire though."

"Oh well I'll just have to come see them sometime," I replied cheerfully. Sarah's twins are about a year old, and so cute. We shared the same birthday, that's why they were so special.