Remember

So someone posted a comment on wanting to read the second part of 'Don't Forget' so here it is and thanks for commenting hun!!!

Chris stands in the doorway to the bedroom for a long time once he finds the courage to open it. You hadn't noticed him, or, rather, you hadn't heard him enter over your crying. He (or past Chris) had been right. You were laying in bed, curled up in his hoodie, crying. Your back was to him, because you were on his side. Chris's heart fell when he realized that you must have thought he wouldn't come back to sleep beside you tonight.

Sucking in a deep breath, Chris walks further into the bedroom. He walks around the bed, before kneeling beside the bed by you. You jump when you see him beside you, and you begin to shrink away from him. You hardly meet his eyes. Chris hesitantly takes one of your hands away from your face, and you let him. You're still crying, unable to catch your breath. Chris has his bottom lip tucked between his teeth. He's trying to figure out what to say. Finally, he takes a deep breath.

"I don't wanna fight." He whispers. Chris settles his head on top of your hand, "I'm sorry for not hearing you out, (Y/N). I should've just listened. Would it.. Would it be okay if I came to bed?" He asks hesitantly, heart hammering in his chest. Your free hand uses Chris's hoodie to wipe away your tears, and you nod. Shuffling back into the bed, Chris offers you a brief smile and lets go of your hand. He settles into the bed beside you, wrapping an arm around your shoulders to pull you in close.

Your head falls back onto his chest. You can hardly believe it. You didn't have any expectations that Chris would actually come back, let alone apologize. You thought that this was it. The yelling, screaming, accusations.. You thought that those were your final moments of being in a relationship with Chris. Your heart tightens as your head rests against his chest. You were mentally preparing yourself to pack all of your things away and leave tomorrow. You weren't prepared for Chris to come back and cuddle. You're sniffling on his chest again already.

"I don't.." Chris murmurs, hand drawing shapes into your shoulder. "I don't know how to convince you that I'm not going anywhere. But, " Chris shifts a bit, "I can remind you how much I love you, why I love you." You grip onto his shirt, pulling yourself closer. You're already burning up from his body heat and his hoodie, but that doesn't matter. None of that matters right now.

"Do you remember.." Chris has to pause, he's already laughing. "Do you remember when I first tried to make you breakfast?" You frown and look up to Chris. He looks back down to you and starts cracking up more. "That's right. I didn't tell you. Alright, well.. The day that I brought you those pancakes and bacon and hash browns and orange juice?" You nod, a small smile on your face, resting your hand on your chin. "I went to McDonalds while you were asleep and bought all of that. I'm sorry, I burnt the first batch of pancakes and I thought you were going to wake up soon so -"

You burst into laughter. Leaning your forehead against his chest, you shake your head briefly. Chris's chest is shaking with his own laughter. His hand is still holding onto your shoulder. "McDonalds?"

"I just wanted to do something nice for you. I was still trying to impress you, and I thought that if I could cook you a nice breakfast.." Chris trails off, a smile still on his face. You release a breath, feeling tired after crying. "I realized that I loved you in a grocery store." He states, drawing shapes on your shoulder again. You look back up to him, and Chris's eyes are closed. "We were going through the frozen section. I think we were trying to find something that we could heat up for dinner that night. We didn't want to use any of the fruit or vegetables or meat that we already had in the cart; we wanted something easy. It was a couple of weeks before I left to go film Before We Go. I was tired. We had been shopping for a couple of hours. I was leaning over the cart that we had, and I was watching you try and choose between a tray of chicken enchiladas and.." Chris furrows his eyebrows, trying to remember. "And I think a pizza. Anyways, I wanted you to pick because I was tired. I couldn't care less. And then.." He chuckles quietly, "And then you looked at me, and I knew that you knew I wanted to go home. Because you just came and stood by me, looped your arm through mine. Then you told me that we were going to go through a drive-thru on the way home. 'Get some burgers and friends. Maybe a milkshake,' you said. You moved my Red Sox cap out of the way, and then you kissed me. Right there in the middle of the grocery store, like we had done before, like how we always would." Chris smiles at the memory, looking down at you, "And that's when I knew that I loved you."

"In the middle of a grocery store? Because I suggested that we go get burgers?" You ask, a bit confused.

Chris shakes his head, "It wasn't because you suggested we get burgers. It was because you knew what would help me before I even had to say it. You looked at me, and you knew. Just like how I knew that I loved you." You feel his fingers move up to your hair. "Sorry, that wasn't the point of the story."

"Then what was the point?"

"The point was to tell you that I'm always going to love you. I can't tell you much, but I can tell you that. I need you to remember that. I'm going to love you when we're happy, when we're standing in the middle of a grocery store or when we're on the red carpet. I'll love you when you're upset with me. When I miss your birthday or when I'm gone too long. And, most importantly," Chris twirls your hair around his fingers, "I love you when we're angry with each other. And whether that's because of rumors or because I bought the wrong kind of chocolate, I'm going to love you. I don't want to promise that I'm not going anywhere, because you're not going to believe me, and I don't know how to convince you otherwise. But I will promise you, that I will always love you. And that's because I fall in love with you, over and over again, each and every day. There are going to be days where it may not seem like it, but I promise you, it's still there." Chris sniffles and coughs a bit. "I'm sorry that I screwed up tonight. I should've just heard you out.. Listened. I just don't want to lose you. Not ever, not like that. And so, when I thought I was going to lose you, I panicked, obviously. Freaked out." Chris shifts his eyes away from yours, looking up to the ceiling. "I didn't want to lose you, and that's what almost made me lose you."

You press your face into his chest, a yawn passing through your lips. Chris smiles at your hot breath. "We're going to be okay." You mutter. Your fingers move across Chris's shirt.

"You think so?"

"Know so.." You allow your eyes to close slowly, moving your head to nuzzle in the crook of his neck. "You just confessed an undying love to me. I'm not going anywhere, and I love you too. We're going to be okay." You confirm to yourself. And Chris nods, because he trusts you more than he even trusts himself. He had forgotten that before. Forgot that he loved you enough to follow you into the dark blindly. But now he's remembered. He's remembered, and there's nothing that can stop him from continuing to pursue you with everything that he is. Chris closes his eyes, still holding on to you. He presses a kiss to your hair before he finally allows himself to fall asleep.

She's your past, present, and future..