Not Like Imagined

He was couldn't see him, he was blinding to look at. That never stopped the forest nymph from gazing longingly at him. He would dance through the forest to the very edge and enter the clearing, he would run out and lay flat in the tall grass and watch. He could see the chariot being tugged by the horses pulling the sun lazily across the sky and if he looked close enough he could make out the man in the chariot, he was blinding and beautiful. But every day, just like the last, he would disappear from view and the nymph was left to see the night take over again. He had learned to hate the night, it took away the light. He hated sunset. 

Jack lost time again and spent all day watching the light pass by and soon it was dark again.

 "Jack?" a voice from above called out. The nymph looked up to the man tugging the moon behind him. Jack had asked why he pulled the moon along with his bare hands instead of using horses. He said it didn't weigh much, Jack thinks it has to be pretty heavy. 

"Hello, Felix," the forest creature called out. Felix was much more approachable than the other man, the man bathed in sunlight. Jack had grown to know Felix, he was likely his only friend. 

"Watching him again?" Felix asked, he always seemed invested in Jack's crush. The nymph blushed and tapped a rock with his bare foot, "Jack this is painful to watch every single day, you know that right. Just pathetic, look at me. I feel embarrassed for you."

Jack just chuckled, "We can't all stumble across our own stars."

Felix smiled wistfully, "Marzia really is a star."

"Literally," the green haired forest dweller said staring into the sky, not sure which one she was but guessed she was the most beautiful one in the sky.

The blond looked down at Jack and sighed, "You know I could introduce you to Mark."

Jack gasped and looked around, fearful someone would hear. They rarely used his name, "You know that it's forbidden for earthbound creatures to speak let alone meet sky creatures!"

Felix crossed his arms, "You sure don't seem to have an issue when it comes to me. You know no one has paid mind to those laws for hundreds of years. The new lord actually tossed them out, the only people that still obey them are the oldest generations."

Jack huffed, "Its different with us."

"Yeah, you don't love me," Felix laughed.

"Of course, I do!" 

"Not the same way and you know that."

Jack quickly changed the subject, "What would be the point in meeting him? Get an up close look at how beautiful he is. Actually, hear his voice...I heard that it's like a forgotten song. He probably doesn't even know I exist."

"I wouldn't be so certain," Felix mumbled to himself. Jack barely caught the words.

"What?"

"Nothing."

Jack glared at him before sighing, "It's late."

Felix looked around he had pulled the moon nearly completely across the sky, "It is." the moon keeper glanced down at the forest nymph. He had watched Jack long for the sun keeper for what felt like forever. It truly was painful, "Jack, look tomorrow is a New Moon. How 'bout you come visit?"

Jack looked up in shock, "Like, for real? Not me yelling at the sky."

Felix laughed, "Yeah! Look walk to the south to the ocean and swim down until you surface in the sky. I'll be waiting, I'll introduce you to Marzia."

Jack chewed his lip while he thought over the offer, "Ok."

Felix cheered, "Awesome! Come at sundown."