Chapter 23

Natalia POV

"What?" I asked by in disbelief

"Live with me." He said again

"No, I heard what you said, but I just can’t believe that you said it."

"Why?" He asked confused.

He really thought there was nothing wrong with what he just asked.

"Why? Are you serious right now. I barely know you. We don’t get a long, and it's a crazy idea to begin with." I said while giving him a ridiculous look.

"I-" He was about to respond until Miya came running into the living room calling his name.

"Ashwer!!!" She said putting her arms out towards him to pick her up.

He scooped her up in his arms, and started talking to her smiling a little.

"Hey pumpkin, how are you?"

"Gwood" she said shyly.

"Good" He kissed her forehead and she smiled at that action.

I can't believe he was that comfortable with her, and same goes for her as well. I never saw Miya warm up to anyone that fast.

Not even Jane... really. And she was practically there when she was born.

He finally looked up at me speaking.

"Come on Natalia where are you going to go? You don’t have money, food, a place to live, and you don’t even have a pillow to lay your he-"

"I can see that!" I snapped.

He didn't have to list of all the things I didn't have. I mean I get it.

"Well there not my words, but yours. If you get kicked out right now. Would you even have a place to go?" He asked

I looked at him and shook my head.

"Exactly, if you leave now, you will be on the street with Miya. And I don't think that you would do that to Miya" He said.

"Of course not." I said a little defensive.

"So, just come live with me. At least till you get on your feet."

I looked at him and smiled, he was actually going to do this, wow maybe he is nice...

"Believe me I don't want you to stay long anyway." He finished looking at me with a blank stare.

Forget it, he wasn't nice he just had to ruin the nice gesture by a rude remark like always...

However, it did make sense. I had nowhere to go. If I leave out of this door right now. I would be homeless with my stuff on the sidewalk including Miya...

 I looked at Miya and saw her looking at Asher.

She looked so innocent. She was innocent in this whole thing. I couldn't do that to Miya. I had to put my pride aside for her.

For her safety, and wellbeing. I honestly had no other reasonable choice.

My brother Dave lived in another state. And my parents well they weren’t here at all. They died in a fatal car crash when I was in my early twenties.

That's what actually made me decide to move to another state. To get away from Julian and the bad memories that were left of where I grew up.

My parents were good people. We didn't have it all. We weren’t rich nor poor. But we had each other. So, when they died it was like a piece of me had died too.

They didn't even see Miya being born. I was surprised I didn't have a miscarriage from the stress of their death. I was two months pregnant when they died.

I mean it was really hard. Because I felt like everyone left me. Julian my boyfriend at the time, and my parents.

My brother and Grandma were the only rock I had after that. But even they couldn't get me to my whole self.

Only Miya did. When she was born I had something to look forward too
Something to build my life with. It was all for her.

I sighed and looked at Asher and finally answered.

"Yeah, I’ll move in, but only for a few months until I get a stable home for Miya and me again."

"Like I said, I don't want you there forever anyways." He said harshly

"Yup, I heard you the first time" I said narrowing my eyes at him.

Why offer, if you're going to be a jerk afterwards I thought. Well that's Asher for you bipolar.

"Start packing" He said then walked away still having my daughter in his hands.

I looked in my closet, and got out some boxes that I saved when I moved in here.

I pulled out some scissors, tape, and a marker out, and started packing my belongings.

I started in the living room, packing up pictures on the wall to my remotes and items on the table.

After a while we were all packing stuff in boxes. Yeah, I know Asher was actually helping.

However, he was just throwing stuff in boxes randomly. Which was kind of getting on my nerves.

He started throwing silver ware in the same box Miya toys were in. I finally had to say something.

"You know Asher I thought you knew the difference between a toy and a spoon." I said taking the spoon out of the box.

He shrugged not even getting defensive from my comment.

"It’s going to the same place, isn't it? And besides be lucky I'm even helping you."

I rolled my eyes at his response.

"I don't appreciate you rolling your eyes at me." He said leaning on my counter in the kitchen.

"And I don't appreciate you throwing things where they don't belong." I said turning around crossing my arms.

"You know, you blow things out of proportion." He said.

I laughed out loud throwing my head back. Laughing at what he just said.

"Ha! Coming from the person who got mad that I went to lunch without telling him." I said narrowing my eyes.

He shook his head and chuckled.

"Man, you do not go down easy huh?"

He said to me with amusement in his eyes. He picked up his jacket that he took off like an hour ago.

He put it on, but while he did his muscles flexed under his shirt. Once he put it on fully. I turned around quickly and continued to pack.

"Nope, not at all" I said.

I did not want him to see me checking him out. 'Calm down Natalia'

I heard him walk to door about to open it. I was wondering where he was going.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"It's none of your concern of where I'm going. Just continue to pack. I'll be back later tonight with a U-Haul truck." He said firmly.

He shut my door, before I could say anything else.

I guess I'll see him tonight then.